close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guy posting $65 Glock Stripped Slides

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Retread, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

I am not recommending this guy, I don't know if he is legit or not. Does anyone here know him, can you vouch for him? He doesn't seem to be a GT member as far as I can tell. It sounds too good to be true. Check out the Smart Shopper Threads and the Want Ad Threads.

His email is:sargent_striker@hotmail.com
    Posted Under: http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/under500.cgi?read=32165

2. Itztli

Itztli

Smells fishy to me.......No even pics. of the slides....??? That's very suspicious...also NO PayPal...???? There's no way to trace this guys in case you never get the slides....!!!!!!!

Stay away from this kind of "deals"...!!!!

3. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

You know what they say about that.

4. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

I just heard back from him. He gave me his reference at the other board, he also gave his name, his business name and location.

I'll try to get his permission to publish it on the web.

This is not a reference, I do not know this person. If you do business with him, let us know how it turns out.

5. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

I just received an OK to post this info from the $65 slide man.
    He took the time to respond to multiple emails from me in what struck me as a professional manner.

Message follows:
    I'm glad your doing this before you'll say I take it. Many have ordered and then want references. Meanwhile I lose a potential sale on something I don't even know is sold? You can check my internet references at www.subguns.com or talk to Tom Bowers at that site. He and I have conducted good business off and on for a couple of years. Thank you for your interest.

Kevin Philbin
    National Account Executive
    Murphy Research, Inc.
    Glenview, IL. 60025

6. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

I could stop by and say hello to him, if someone was planning on buying from him... :)

7. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

I bet you could make a lot of friends real fast here if you did.

8. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

'course, if he's legit.. I buy all the slides and mark them up for profit... ;f

Just kidding, besides, I'm so broke right now I can't even pay attention. ;g ;c

I will see about a visit on 11-18 (today, but during business hours) or at least an appointment for this week.

edited to add:

You mean you aren't all my friends right now anyways???!!! ;P

:cool:

9. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

4T: I believe you'd be performing a service for those of us who might be intersted in one of those slides (I might want a G20), if you'd take a look at the available slides and give us your opinion as to their general condition. There's not much that consumer use can do to screw up a Glock slide, but it would be nice to know if they'll need refinishing.

10. G21er

G21er No Weak Links

Yo 4T,if you could do that,it would be much appreciated. Thanxalot.

11. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Just to let you guys know, I just informed Kevin Philbin that I'd take one of his G19 slides... I guess I'll be the GP here.

From the way it sounds though by the time I can give a report all his uppers will be gone.

He doesn’t have a whole lot left except for G21 slides... he has 25 of those as of yesterday & says that 75% of those have all parts!

The G19 stripped upper I'm getting has a fairly low serial number (he provided me with the number) & would have pretty much needed all new updated parts anyways per a phone call to GLOCK.

I may or may not be out $79... we'll see in a week or so, but with all the info he's given me, everything seems to be legit.

12. WalterGA

Michigan: Did he mentione the source of his slides? Somebody was selling Glock slides a few months ago that had been acquired when a shop owner died. Just wondered if this is the same guy???

One thing I dont' need is a G21 slide; wouldn't mind having a G20 slide for one of my G21 frames.

13. Flipster

Flipster

I contacted him at his hotmail email account. He replied to me with an AOL email address.

I asked about a G20 slide, he says he has one. I told him I'd take it and he replied with the business address, as posted above, asking me to make the MO out to that name.

I asked for a name and a phone number, he replied asking if I really needed that. I sent a reply saying I did, explaining why and offered that he could send the slide to my easily verified employer and then I'd pay him.

He replied saying:

My name is Kevin Philbin and I'm the National Account Executive of Murphy Research, Inc. I'm the owner of this business. I've decided not to give out my phone number unless it's truly needed. I've had plenty of 15 minite phone calls from people who didn't end up buying anything. I've also had plenty of people call me five times a day about little details and other unnecessary things that could have been done on line. All of these things consume my time! Time is something I unfortunately don't have. I run three business's. This Internet stuff is just to get rid of odds and ends. I asked for no tire-kickers in my postings. If you wanted references I definitely could have given them. Next time I would recommend asking for them right off the bat. The Glock 20 slide is no longer available. Thank you.

My first contact with him was to say I'd take it. He read it at 7:36, our last comm was at 7:59 asking what I outlined above. Gee, I guess I really wasted his time?

By the way, there is no listing for his business on Anywho (ATT) or on Qwestdex and no listing for his name (not a big deal)........So far, what I can find about the address is that it seems to be an apartment complex.

I'd use great caution here, folks....

14. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Sorry, I didn't ask... but he did volunteer that he was helping a friend by selling these slides.

Thanks for that info Flipster… by his e-mails to me I can defiantly say that he at least has my particular GLOCK slide in hand when he’s writing. He knows nothing about GLOCKs though.

15. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Nothing regarding that business or individual to be found in Cook County public records either.. Doesn't mean he's not legit but it doesn't help much.

16. WalterGA

No Kevin Philbin or Murphy Research listed on Switchboard.

17. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Hmmm... maybe I might be out $79?

18. W Turner

W Turner

I am fence sitting on this one. I am interested in a 21 slide to go on my 20.

I emailed him to let him know this and he responded quickly.

I emailed to let him know that I would take one and asked that he include his contact information and billing address. He stated that he would pull one for me and gave me the same address as listed above, but did not supply a phone number. He also asked that I list the business name as the payee.

I then called information and asked them to look up his phone # by the Murphy Research Inc. business name. There was NO listing for this business, I then asked them to search the entire state of IL and they still came up dry. I am going to ask for more information before I go any further.

I just sent him an email asking for a phone number so that I could speak to someone to finalize everything. We'll see of he responds with a # or not.

EDITED TO ADD:
    I just called the Glenview, IL Chamber of Commerce and noone there has ever heard of Murphy Research Inc. and the person I spoke with stated that this address is an apartment/condo complex.

Bull

19. WalterGA

Shades of Nick Van Hauten!

20. G21er

G21er No Weak Links

He emailed me & said he only had one 20 slide left. Typical sales ploy,.... hurry,I only have one left! Time will tell.