Guy gets award for inventing Bazooka...lifesaver for drowning victims

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ithaca_deerslayer, Oct 6, 2010.

1. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

http://www.news.com.au/technology/l...tralian-inventor/story-e6frfro0-1225934812761

I'm not sure if the propellant mechanism is exactly like a Bazooka, but it's a cool idea!

However, since we all know about accuracy. Try shooting a life preserver/buoy to a guy 150 yards away. Could you get it close enough for the drowning victim to grab it?

Are real drowning victims able grab a hold of stuff? I've read when people get to the point of drowning, they aren't thrashing around, but are actually low key losing the battle to stay up. Maybe having something land close to them would give them a chance. I just don't know.

2. hoffy

hoffy

Looks safer than the old H&R line throwing guns . I can't swim(idiot!) and damn near drowned at a strip pit when I was a kid, they said I could go into the water up to my chest, well at my waist the next step put me under. Anyone who has seen Richard Pryor's(RIP) bit about drowning and thinking only of the edge"get me to the edge", that was spot on for me. I got pulled out ok, but breathed water, and lost my buzz(we were all drunk, only way I would have went into water). If you see me acting like I am drowning, save me, I won't be acting.......

3. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

Way cool devise, I hope it saves alot of lives. Salute to this young man. :patriot:

4. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

GAH that video was going to make me sick moving around like that. cool invention hopefully save some lives

5. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Love the sighting system.