Gunshow=lame

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Chainlink, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Chainlink

Chainlink

So I went to the local to me largest show in the state today and what a let down. I saw used 10/22's with zero upgrades unless you want scratches going for over 300 bucks. Gen 1,2 Glocks going for over 600 and they were beat to piss. And the prices continue like this.

Wall to wall people and body odors that could choke a maggot, then a smell I honestly never ever expected at a gun show, patchouli....I could smell that dirty hippie even over the 500lb dude in his scooter blocking everything.

I went mainly to find one thing it wasn't there, and I figured it wouldn't be but worth trying none the less. Dang it been over a year of bidding, ordering, and waiting lists. I just want one :steamed:

EDIT: Want a conversion 22 for my Glocks

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. viniglock

viniglock

Bummer they sell so expensive :steamed:.

I only go to gun shows to sell weapons, because I get my asking price. Went two weeks ago and sold three at the asking price and I was done in 10 minutes!:wow: and I was :outtahere: and went :grill:

3. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Gun shows are all the same.

Overpriced junk guns that I wouldn't trust to not blow up in my hand
    Overpriced decent guns that are way overpriced
    Cheap Chinese knock-off magazines by the barrel-load
    Native American artifacts and jewelry
    Fat, smelly guys with cammo pants and special forces T-shirts everywhere
    General assorted crap that looks like it's been in someone's attic for years
    Did I mention way-overpriced guns?

So why do I still go whenever one comes to town? :dunno:

4. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Anybody rub you with their elbows while you were there?

5. Chainlink

Chainlink

A little...I rubbed back...was that wrong....:rofl:

6. mixflip

mixflip

I stopped going to gun shows all together when I lived in California and Hawaii because they were a joke and a waste of entry fee money.

But when I moved to Nevada...woo hoo! Going to the Crossroads gun show at the Cashman Center in Las Vegas is an all day event since its so big and they actually have a mix of everything. Hunting, Tactical, NFA, police gear, military gear, gun accessories, cowboy guns ect.

Yeah they are not any cheaper than internet prices or local gun stores but at least its all in one spot vs all over town and its available for instant gratification vs 3 to 5 days shipping if bought on the net. I figure I am paying a bit more for the convenience of instant gratification.

That being said I dont buy much. I have a specific need and if I cant find it I just window shop which is better than staying home and waiting for my wife to issue more home projects for me to do!

I enjoy stopping buy this one guys booth that has like a million different types of shotgun ammo. I buy something different from him everytime.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  7. cphilip

cphilip

Did ya see any loopholes?

What state? There is one here in Greenville SC this weekend and I am debating even going .

8. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Gun shows make it embarrassing to be a gun enthusiast.

MF

9. 82ndVet

82ndVet

Were we at the same show...? Eastman's in GA?? I just got back, and prices were JACKED UP!!! I developed an attitude after about 30min, and left the same way. The only deals I found were on some optics, and one guy was selling NIB Stags for around $800...but that was it.

Found one guy all the way in the back corner that had decent quantity of Winchester Ranger ammo. As I moved in closer to eyeball (and snicker) at the price tag, he asks me if I had ever seen or heard of this ammo before. I laughed as I preceded to tell him that I had auctions up right now, and that I couldn't believe that he was charging that much for .40 cal ammo ($45/box) He then told me that he would charge $50/box for .45, if he had some, and was quite confident that he could sell all of it quick.:upeyes:

I'm tempted to go back down there with all my Ranger .45 ammo, and try to trade it all for a Remington 870....:dunno:

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Gun shows are a joke. It's all about paying the $15 admission + parking.

11. oldnoob

oldnoob

I got lucky once and find a good deal on brand new Beretta 21A for cheap and Browning Hi Power parts for really cheap. But that's once in years of visit. It's still money well spend compare paying $15 to watch bunch blued people playing Pocahontas...

12. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Used revolvers used to be fun at shows.
    Not so much now.
    :whistling::supergrin:

13. Glockster84

Glockster84

ok good i thought the gunshows in iowa were the only ones like this......yep overpriced rubbish, people sellin there junk piles,and yes the smelly fake veteran walking around with a shotgun stock.....CRAP!!!!

14. deputy tom

deputy tom

Sorry to hear the show was that bad.Our local shows sometimes have a deal or two but the lunch afterward is usually better than the shows of late.Lots of price gouging on everything.tom.

15. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

LOL, sounds like my last trip to Europe. :shocked:

16. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

I don't where you are, but shows around here are typically like this. If you're looking for new stuff, you won't find them cheaper elsewhere most of the time. For example, NIB Glock goes for $445-$449 FS, $499 NS. A NIB Colt LE 6920 can be had for $1100-$1150. Just a couple of examples. This is usually because the same big three or four dealers are there competing.
    But, if you're looking for old stuff, you're SOL. The small time vendors selling their same old crap at higher prices than NIB guns. Morons!:upeyes:

17. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Hmm, the Eastmans Gwinnett Co show has historically been one of the best; selection and prices. I was thinking about going tomorrow to pick up some Ga Arms ammo at least, since I'll be in the area. But if it's gone to crap maybe I won't.

18. 82ndVet

82ndVet

Replied to your PM...:wavey:

19. djegators

djegators

I think you can find good deals if you are looking for something specific, and know what competitive prices are. You might have to actually ASK a dealer about prices, and do some haggling. Seems to me, most people do not show their best prices, you have to prod a little for it. Maybe it shouldn't be like this, I don't know, but I don't pay the sticker price on cars either...

20. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

....why not just order one from Cliner by USPS and wait for it to show up in your mailbox? It takes about 30-60 days, sometimes sooner.