GunsAmerica - what to expect

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GlockBill, Jan 27, 2010.

1. GlockBill

GlockBill

I've never bought a gun from GunBroker, GunsAmerica, etc. - I've always done face-to-face transactions with stores or other individuals. Anyway, I'm about to buy a gun from a seller on GunsAmerica. It's a recently discontinued model that I couldn't get my normal dealer to order.

He's got a good reputation, 100% positive feedback on a significant number of transactions, he's been good with communicating, etc. - so, I'm comfortable with that.

What I'm not sure about is - how does this work? (I've done a search.) From what I understand; I send him the money order for the cost of the gun + shipping and a copy of my dealers FFL. The gun gets shipped to my FFL and I pay my dealer's FFL fee. I'm not sure if I pay sales tax on the cost of the gun to the local dealer. So, basically I don't want to be surprised by this.

Thank you.

2. thornesguns

thornesguns

I sell guns on gunbroker and cheaper than dirts site as well. It seems you already have a good idea of what is goin on. some people i sell to have thier dealer fax me a copy of thier ffl or email it as those are legaly acceptable as well. you should just ask the seller wich he prefers. when I sell a gun to someone out of my state i do not collect sales tax. and if someone is using me as a transfer dealer i just charge my transfer fee and that is it. no sales tax. but if ur not sure ask ur transfer dealer and he well answer all your questions as i'm sure he/she has done it a number of times. auction arms has a listing of ffl's in your area and what they charge for transfer fee...so you can compare and find cheapest in your area.

3. Kozel

Kozel

My experience with GunsAmerica: It is impossible to contact seller through the site. The only way to contact is if phone number is posted in the add.

4. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

+1 I like Gunbroker's site better. A few time I was able to send an E-mail to the seller to ask question, and more importantly if someone is selling a gun that I want for an outragous starting price and no one bids on it, I'll can email him an offer.

I had a few headaches, but nothing major. All in all, its a good system for buying used and hard to find guns and stuff. Once you factor in the FFL fees its not worth buying new or common gun though GunBroker or GunsAmerica.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Gunbroker is much better. The auctions are real, while GunsAmerica could have stuff listed that sold weeks before. I also feel much more secure buying from Gunbroker.

I've bought dozens off Gunbroker and only a small handfull from GunsAmerica.