Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of good things about the Beretta PX4 Storm and really thought it was a good looking pistol.

Went to a Sportsman's Warehouse today and my brother in law was in the market for a new pistol and I told him to check out the Beretta.

The counter guy laid it down and I thought he had gotten the wrong gun.

The slide was finished with what appeared to be semi-gloss black paint. The fit and finish was poor and the gun had visible wear from just being handled.

I worked the slide and the safety and slide release had sharp edges that made pulling the slide back uncomfortable.

Trigger pull wasn't bad.

Couldn't believe how disappointing the gun was. Shockingly cheap feeling and looking.

What guns have you lusted after until you saw and handled one in person?

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
Judge
dEagle

·
NRA Life Member
30,652 Posts
Hi Point

Reactions: John Wesley

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
I agree about the PX4. Got a buddy that loves them and owns several. I just don’t care for it.

Mine is the SP101. The idea of a rock solid concealed carry revolver sounds appealing. Several times I have handled one at the shop and decided it was too big and heavy to be a 5 shooter.

I have set it down and walked away several times.

Also the Henry lever action rifles. Look good, love the fact they are USA made. Go handle one and it feels like it’s made of lead. Very, very heavy, and not balanced well. I can get over the price tag if it feels good. A nice lever gun is appealing because they are compact, lightweight, and quick handling in the woods and in deer stands and blinds.

The Henry’s weight is just too much. The thought of carrying it for several hours just put me off.

·
NRA Life Member
30,652 Posts
I’m surprised you wanted one in the first place. ;)
I don’t, just messing with the other Hi Point thread.

:supergrin:

·
Registered
127,487 Posts
Interestingly enough, I like the PX4. I think it’s one of the best shooting and most solidly constructed polymers on the market. To each their own of course, but I can name several mainstream pistols that feel much cheaper, in my opinion.

That includes one that gets a ton of credit here for doing very little.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
Out of all I've had I can't think of one I really didn't like after I got it with exception of S&W 9mm pocket gun. It was plastic maybe Sigma model.

·
Army Vet
768 Posts
XDS9: The checkering on the grip is too aggressive for my tastes. It might feel better in my hand if I sanded the checkering, but I would have to "sand" the checking on a new gun. Uh, no...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Pretty much every Ruger auto loading pistol. I love their revolvers. All of the autos just leave me cold and wondering why? Hate the LCP - can't stand to shoot it.

VooDoo

·
Federal Member
29,886 Posts
Springfield XD.

The grip and my hands, just don't work together.

:cool:

·
M62/76
13,156 Posts
A Dragunov SVD- for all of the damn money they bring now they’re very underwhelming if you have one in your hands IMO. A friend has one of the exceedingly rare Russian KBI-imported ones and it felt very dainty and unimpressive.

Reactions: Glockdude1
1 - 20 of 166 Posts