1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...make me want to throw up in my mouth:
RI3765-N_00.jpg
859714006408__09513.1575704106.jpg

I'm sorry, I like my one Glock 17 and I know this is Glocktalk but these Glock mag fed guns are just ugly as sin.

·
bene vivere
2,126 Posts
Ruger PC carbine.
4651118E-F787-4CA0-BB38-36BB28494A02.jpeg

·
NRA Life Member
5,017 Posts
My Shadow Systems MR918s take Glock mags... I kind of like them, reason why I don't own any more Glock 19s (after having owned 30+).

Good to have choices...
Is the Shadow worth it and why in your opinion? How does it beat out a Glock?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Is the Shadow worth it and why in your opinion? How does it beat out a Glock?
My opinion, yes it is - I posted it on another thread, but glad to do it again:

Is it better? That depends on the shooter and what he/she likes or wants. FOR ME, again for me, it is. I say that having owned 30+ Glock 19s and EDCing one since 2005.

1. The grip fits me better than any 19 that I have owned or shot (with the exception of a Bowie Tactical grip reduction and a Robar grip reduction 19). The adjustable back - rear hump is a great feature. The stippling/texturing on the grip is fantastic - for me. Better than any texture on any of the different Glock 19 gens as far as I am concerned.

2. It comes with a very good trigger, better than any stock 19 trigger that I have ever shot. I am a stock trigger guy, always have been; I've only bought one after market trigger in 35 years, a SSVI Tyr trigger - and I didn't even install it in my 43, I ended up giving it to a friend. The trigger on this gun is a factory trigger, so no-one can say "oh lord, he modified his trigger; yada yada yada" something that means something to me (I know that not all shooters think that way, but I do and it matters to me, if it doesn't to you - no problem, I can understand that too.)

3. Sights - fantastic, I like them a lot. Yep, I can get Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo's for my regular 19s and I like Trijicon HDs a lot, but getting these for a stock 19 is going to cost some extra $$.

4. Barrel - I can shoot my 19s good, but with the MR918s (all three of mine) I am getting to an almost "surgical" state. I am impressed with the accuracy of these guns. Both my wife and a couple of friends who have shot these guns agree on this, my buddy is looking to sell his M&P 9c & Glock 48 to free funds for a MR918 - he's that impressed.

5. The beaver tail and undercut on the trigger guard = fantastic, for me these two points have been done perfectly.

6. All of the above and the fact that I can still use my Glock 19 and Magpul mags and all of the dozens of 19 holsters for this gun - a big plus (this wouldn't be the case if I switched from a Glock 19 to a different brand...)

The first one I bought cost me $720, the next two $650 each. For me, the extra $$ was well worth it.

I really like Glock 19s, but now with these guns, I don't see myself owing another one again (unless my friend decides to do me a solid and sell me that Robar grip reduction 19 that he has... still working on that!)

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
87E56233-15BE-40E0-BE78-8FEAA6740EBB.jpeg

CMMG’s 10mm BANSHEE is the first AR capable of reliably running the wide assortment of 10mm ammunition on the market. It uses CMMG’s patent pending Radial Delayed Blowback operating system to significantly reduce felt recoil. The 10mm BANSHEE ships with one 30-round SGM Magazine (Glock Magazine Compatible) and uses CMMG’s patented bolt catch linkage to hold the bolt open after the last round.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
:D:D
My opinion, yes it is - I posted it on another thread, but glad to do it again:

Is it better? That depends on the shooter and what he/she likes or wants. FOR ME, again for me, it is. I say that having owned 30+ Glock 19s and EDCing one since 2005.

1. The grip fits me better than any 19 that I have owned or shot (with the exception of a Bowie Tactical grip reduction and a Robar grip reduction 19). The adjustable back - rear hump is a great feature. The stippling/texturing on the grip is fantastic - for me. Better than any texture on any of the different Glock 19 gens as far as I am concerned.

2. It comes with a very good trigger, better than any stock 19 trigger that I have ever shot. I am a stock trigger guy, always have been; I've only bought one after market trigger in 35 years, a SSVI Tyr trigger - and I didn't even install it in my 43, I ended up giving it to a friend. The trigger on this gun is a factory trigger, so no-one can say "oh lord, he modified his trigger; yada yada yada" something that means something to me (I know that not all shooters think that way, but I do and it matters to me, if it doesn't to you - no problem, I can understand that too.)

3. Sights - fantastic, I like them a lot. Yep, I can get Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo's for my regular 19s and I like Trijicon HDs a lot, but getting these for a stock 19 is going to cost some extra $$.

4. Barrel - I can shoot my 19s good, but with the MR918s (all three of mine) I am getting to an almost "surgical" state. I am impressed with the accuracy of these guns. Both my wife and a couple of friends who have shot these guns agree on this, my buddy is looking to sell his M&P 9c & Glock 48 to free funds for a MR918 - he's that impressed.

5. The beaver tail and undercut on the trigger guard = fantastic, for me these two points have been done perfectly.

6. All of the above and the fact that I can still use my Glock 19 and Magpul mags and all of the dozens of 19 holsters for this gun - a big plus (this wouldn't be the case if I switched from a Glock 19 to a different brand...)

The first one I bought cost me $720, the next two $650 each. For me, the extra $$ was well worth it.

I really like Glock 19s, but now with these guns, I don't see myself owing another one again (unless my friend decides to do me a solid and sell me that Robar grip reduction 19 that he has... still working on that!)
thanks for posting your review on the SS 9mm. I think this will be my last “Glock” as well. Call what you well, some call it a Gucci Glock, but with everything it comes with and if you were to do this to a stock Glock, your looking at 1300 easy. Can’t wait to get the 20 elite!!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Can’t wait to get the 20 elite!!
I've been following the MR920, while it has some features that really I don't prefer or need over the MR918, I think that if I decide to mount a red dot on one, it will be the MR920 version.

I watched a video from Shot Show where they went over the differences and I liked what I heard about the change for the red dot mounting.

I like what Shadow Systems have done and are doing.

·
The underscore is silent
5,233 Posts
My Foxtrot Mike PCC uses Glock mags and I like the look and functionality... I use the Magpul PMAGs and they are reliable and cheap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts