close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guns more than gangs are fueling city's violence, police say

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by brausso, May 29, 2012.

1. brausso

brausso

2. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

My response is that "stupidness more than common sense fueling policy makers' decisionmaking process."

And I'm in and around Chicago, so I know this more than you can imagine.

3. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Also, I thought Washington was pretty decent for gun laws. Do you think this will be changing?

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

The truth is, there are times when guns can be a catalyst.

The other truth is, there is some truth to his statement. The article does not discern between legally acquired and illegal guns.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

It's always the people,...........
    A pistol can sit ona table for 500 years & never harm anyone.

6. brausso

brausso

It's tough to say. Unfortunately the 3 largest counties are all liberal and then most of the rest of the state is conservative.

I just don't understand the mindset of some of these idiots. This is a quote from the article "A person who has a gun is more likely to use a gun".

Wow thanks Einstein. Just as a person with a car is more likely to use a car. What an idiot. I've yet to see a gun wander off and kill someone

7. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Seattle mayor Mike McGinn belongs to Bloomberg's "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" organization. Seattle City Hall is run by hard left Democrats and the Seattle Police Chief is a political position.

Yes they are starting to move on gun control. It will happen nationally if Obama gets reelected.

8. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

So these guns are really community organizers that bring innocent young people together into violent gangs?

9. vafish

vafish

There are plenty of states with lax gun laws and a lot of guns with low crime.

The guns do not cause the crime nor are they a catalyst for crime.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

We carry guns because there are times when killing is the right and proper thing to do. Don't allow the left to lump lawful self defense in with violent crime. Violent crime usually come from leftist democrat voting demographics.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  11. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Thats like saying gangsters with hands fuel city violence.

12. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

"A person that has a gun is more likely to use a gun".

I believe the deputy chief is right about that. It's kind of difficult to use something you don't have.

So if having guns is a catalyst, how many do I need to own before I become tempted to become a criminal?

Maybe they should pass a law making it illegal to use guns in crimes. Oh wait... I think they already did.

Too many politicians don't understand that criminals are not going to obey any law they pass.

13. Khao

Khao

No it won't be changing anytime soon.

14. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Lets call the libdems at city hall on their BS.. If they really believe that **** then they should disarm their police force. Especially when they go on about police brutality in the last paragraphs in the article.

15. Happypuppy

Happypuppy

Typical Seattle. They don't like to admit a gang problem. The state is pretty pro gun so they do this very once and a while. This link is the well know "Tuba Man case" He was beat to death and people just watched a dozen or so and they just referred to them as juveniles instead of gang. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008352227_tubaman05m.html

The city tried to ban guns in city parks and that went to the Supreme Court and the city had its hand slapped http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011061469_parksgun13m.html

Sent from my 300 baud modem

16. Khao

Khao

My thoughts exactly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_LEM0cCJDk"]Blue Scholars - Burnt Offering - YouTube[/ame]

17. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

You guys are using too much logic. The people they are aiming the "people with guns are more likely to use them" statement at are a (rather large) group of people that are going to eat it up like a starving, dirty dog in the streets. Sad to say...but I think our gun rights(at least as we know them today) are coming very close to an end. With the M/Z think, as well as all the outspoken stuff against guns in the MSM, it seems the only people that are for gun rights are gun owners(ETA: many of which vote for the very people that want to disarm them). Maybe its just my small sample size, but it seems to be the people that don't own guns but believed that people should be able to(or as I like to call them, the on the fencers) are slowly trickling over to the anti- side. Maybe I am wrong, I hope I am wrong. But I see in the next several years America going the way of Austrailia and becoming nothing more than an extention of Western Europe. God I hope I am wrong...but thats just my prediction.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  18. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

*You will never have guns used in crime if there are no guns.

*You'll never athletes' foot problems if you cut off your feet.

It's the exact same logic, and while technically true, both are crippling to the people nonetheless.

19. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Sadly yes I think it will. My reason is that a large number of liberals left California and invaded the Pacific Northwest back in the 80's and 90's. Now they are entrenched and working on screwing up Washington just like they did California.

20. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

And if that is the case then there are two options... attempt to use the legal means in place (but with which the deck is stacked against us) OR solve the matter as the fore father did.