close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guns In Counter Strike Are So Wrong

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by GlockGuy24, Dec 15, 2004.

1. GlockGuy24

GlockGuy24

I have CS 1.6 and CS:CZ that I bought on steam and I notice on every pistol in the game the ejecter is on the wrong side of the gun. Also say you have your M4A1 out and you switch to the pistol. When you take out the pistol he racks the slide. Now there is a round in the chamber. Now if you put the pistol away and take it back out he racks the slide again. By doing this you are ejecting the round that is in the chamber and going to the next round in the magazine. By doing this you are losing a round. If you do this and look at your ammo your not losing no ammo! Wtf? They need to make some series editng in there guns.

2. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

True, but it's just a video game. ;)

3. Tvov

Tvov

Most shooting games I've played have the "rack the slide" every time you pull out a gun. It is just a neat sound effect, that's all.

4. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

The cause for the ejector on the wrong side is because of the original skin design was for lefties - Why??? - Most likely for visual effect.

So when you have the gun in the right hand selected option, all you get is a reverse image.

Also, if you slow down the loading of the M4A1 thru a skinner's program, you'll notice that the CT or T is chambering it using the foward assist.;P

Food for thought, but alas, it's just a video game.

gman67

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

MOST FPS games have the ejection port on the wrong side of the weapon.

I have always wondered what they were smokin' the first time someone saw that and decided, "Heck yeah! I'll put them in backwards for MY games, too!!"

And what's weirder is the supposedly realistic warfighting games, like BF:V, have carried on this legacy.;g ;Q ;P

6. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

The lefthanded original Counterstrike thing was because the designer was a lefty.

He also doesn't know diddly about guns, which is why the mirror-image thingie among other mistakes in CS.

7. JesseCuster

JesseCuster Army Dude Millennium Member

You need to play Rainbow Six. Shoot until you're dry and the slide on your pistol locks open: watch your guy drop the mag, load another and drop the slide.

Or do a tactical reload on the MP5. You just switch mags. However if you shoot until you're dry then the slide locks and the animation releases it once the new magazine is in.

Neat stuff.

But yeah, CS is a videogame. I wouldn't expect too much from it.