Guns at work

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by just for fun, Jan 1, 2010.

1. just for fun

just for fun

Resently, I replied to a post, questioning the need for being armed in the work place.
    I'm sure that all of us have gone into a gun store and have been waited on by "Dumb or Dumber" carrying a sidearm (normally a glock). Does anyone have proof that gun stores are more susceptable to robberies than say "Fast Stop" type stores? I have always thought gun store salesman that open carry are people to avoid!
    Does anyone carry a firearm on thier person while at work? And if so why? Cops and military get a free pass on this one! Even if I don't think cops should not be allowed to carry till they have been on duty for at least three years. Young cops and guns are more than just scary-they're dangerous!

2. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

:popcorn:

Aw, heck... I can't resist... If not the workplace, pray tell where carrying IS justified for civilians? At the mall? In a dark alley? At the gas station? Supermarket? Home? Only inside the home? Or outside, too? Your own business? What KIND of business?

And, should we tell the bad guys which of those places is acceptable? Or better yet... let's tell the bad guys that it's UNacceptable to attack victims at the workplace. That would solve everything. :wavey:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

It's hard to tell which you know less about, guns, gun shops, or police.

4. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

Give him a break!

He happens to be right, but not in all cases, of course! Some cops and gun store employees are an accident waiting to happen, and I've got my doubts they will perform well under stress.

It's against company policy to carry at work, but I sometimes do, regardless. I am willing to take the risk.....but, am violating no law.

You ask why I would carry at work? Does the word "postal" mean anything to you? Ever heard of anyone ever going to a workplace, school, restaurant, or other public places......and randomly shooting innocent people?

That's why.

hog

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  5. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

You never answered my response to your original post, so here it is again:

Do you wear a seatbelt every time you drive, or just when you are planning on getting in an accident? :wavey:

6. bithabus

bithabus

:rofl::rofl:

7. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

8. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Just for trolls sounds like the proverbial load of fun to be around.

9. oldnoob

oldnoob

10. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

You sound like you have lost your mind :wow:

11. Faulkner

Faulkner Patriot Millennium Member

So, in your world, how long should regular folks with a CCW wait until they are allowed to carry? :dunno:

12. fiasconva

fiasconva

We had a couple of idiots near here try to rob a gun store a few years ago. They ran in the store with a shotgun and a handgun. They both were shot multiple times by the gun shop owner and staff. Of course, their momma's said it was excessive force.

13. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

I have a story that happened in a gunshop I frequent.

Father and son own/operate gunshop. Dirtbag gangster walks in the door and immediately shoots son who's working behind the counter. Dirtbag begins to help his self to guns. Dirtbag doesn't see Father at the other end of the store, father is open carrying Springfield 1911. Father shoots dirtbag a couple times and dirtbag runs out the door to be apprehended by police a few minutes later.

Maybe gunshops aren't more susceptible, but they're susceptible none the less.

Why are young people with guns "scary"? Should the minimum age for CCW be raised? How about, say, 40 years old, is that old enough for people to not be "scary" and "dangerous"?

You're kind of sounding like a jackass right now.

14. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

You beat me to it. I was wondering that as well. :dunno:

15. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

Yes I would love to carry out all the duties of a police officer unarmed. Hey guys lets respond to this armed robbery unarmed!!!! :wow:

16. DEADLYACCURATE

Well it needs to be more than 3 years since they aren't trained with firearms like a leo would be.:whistling:

17. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

O.K. Personally witnessed this:

A gunshop near Washington, DC. 1979.

I was standing in the gunshop, purchasing a Colt Gov't. Mdl.
    A guy walks in and says to the gunshop employee, "Let me show you something," and proceeds to pull a Colt Trooper out of his jacket, and cocks it, and points it in the direction of the employee!!!!!

The gunshop employee and owner used to carry S&W mdl 36, openly.
    The owner walked out of his office and pulled his revolver, and placed it behind the guy's right ear.

I KNOW that the guy that walked into the gunshop was going to rob it.

Bottom line. . . . that particular gunshop had been robbed several times, previously. (And has been robbed a couple of times, since then.)

So, what gives with the "Dumb and Dumber" comment?????

18. DEADLYACCURATE

Yes at least 40

BTW got my first gun at 8 and second at 9 (.22 then 20ga) and later a .243 all before being a teen, and guess what I'M STILL ALIVE

19. Jon_R

Jon_R

Other the special places. Schools, etc...

In FL under state law you can carry open or concealed at your place of employment handguns, long guns, whatever you like. This is allowed with or without a permit. There is nothing special about a Gun Store. The employee at the Minute Saver, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, etc. has the same rights to carry open or concealed as the staff at the gun store. But... Your employer can choose to prohibit you from doing it and / or fire you for doing it but you carrying would not be against the law.

If you don't feel comfortable in the gun store then don't go. I have never felt scared at one and I am almost always armed when I go to the Gun store or anywhere else other then work. :(

If you don't want young police carrying run for Chief with that as your platform. If you win make it a policy they have to start with Airsoft and work their way up. :faint:

Maybe you can write a firearm exam with passing be earning a designation NON-SCARY.

I am not sure I want my police designated as non-dangerous. :)

20. -gunut-

-gunut-

Your post = FAIL

Your view on gun ownership = FAIL

Your view on gun restrictions = FAIL

Your thoughts on who should be able to defend themselves and others = FAIL

What more is there to be said??