Gunless Society...In your dreams Nandy!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 9MX, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

I find Larry Pratt's reasoning very biased and flawed. He is citing isolated incidents of violence attributed to the Islamic faith and claiming that these violent tendencies infect at least 1% of the Muslim population in the US. This kind of writing breeds racism and bigotry. Although I am very much a proponent of an armed society, I believe we are just a s likely to be stabbed for our cellphone as be blown up for our faith.

I believe in equal opportunity. My bullets are blind to race, creed, or religion!

2. Kiddo

Kiddo Guest

What the? I thought LEOs are suppose to watch out for each other. What kind of district director would do that to LEOs? Ibig sabihin pag election, halt lahat ng undercover operations? Gun ban na nga, hinto pa ang mga operations ng pulis! Paboritong panahon talaga ng kriminal at sindikato ang election period!! :brickwall:

3. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Amen. Larry Pratt's reasoning is yet another example of tolerated racism after 9/11. Before the attacks, the people the majority targeted and blamed for violence and crime were the Hispanics and the Blacks, but now the bullsye is painted on Muslims.

He should also do a report on the attacks done by people like Timothy McVeigh and other Rightist (who is credited as being Roman Catholic - Source: http://www.nndb.com/people/936/000031843/) militia men on their own government to make it a balanced report!

4. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Gents, Larry maybe biased with his views against that religion.

Ayaw ko talaga sana patulan itong issue na ito, pero PUNTA kayo rito kung nasaan kami nina Mikol at Toxic. Para ma-feel niyo gaano sila ka-warm at ka-pleaseant sa ating mga Pilipino at Christiano.

Subukan niyo lang at kayo na ang magsabi or magkwento rito sa boards. SUBOK LANG.

5. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

I might not have worked overseas in the Middle East as you and other members of the board have sir, but I have been around them and their families both here in the Philippines and the US.

All I'm expressing is my opinion that to counter xenophobia with even more xenophobia/racism is a recipe for disaster.

6. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

I'm more than familiar with the 'tender affections' with which
    many Muslims regard me and mine, just for my Christian faith.
    I'm STILL sure there are many more Muslims out there who are fine Filipinos,
    and that I just haven't had the chance to meet a single one of them
    in the past 40-plus years.

Anyway, like Pratt's bias(es), it's all irrelevant in the crunch.
    When anyone's trying to harm me and mine, I can't give a rat's
    left testicle WHY they're doing it:

"Becase I'm Catholic"; "because I have a nice cellphone"; ad absurdum.
    All that negative politics and socio-religious prejudice goes
    right out the window when you try to launch lead effectively.

Maybe the same should apply to our posts here, 'di ba?
    :)

7. maskytrading

maskytrading Guest

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/03/perspectives_sudden_jihad_synd.php

The link above written by Larry Pratt lists about 15 incidences of "murders" committed by Muslims from l994 to 2007...Less than 2 people killed in a span of 14 years...After 9/11 US of A morphs into ala RSA but this time object of hate and despise is no longer the Afro-Americans thanks to MLK Jr. but the faithful of Allah...Pratt concludes that with these 15 incidences he identified, Muslims are going to run "amok" sooner or later...Does he(Pratt)bother to count how many more people of different faiths who ran also "amok" and killed scores, too.

With what's happening around the globe; killings everyday...I'm beginning to think that what really evolved was the "Planet of the Apes"; only that we think we are "Humans"...Mass Delusion?

Our world is getting crazier and crazier..."Whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first drive crazy"

8. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Well your right, naalala ko nga yung isang famous quote:

"An eye for an eye, makes the world blind" Gandhi.

My friend just got into a horrible and disastrous situation here with the religious police (Mutawa) who is the LAW of the LAND, and he had to give up his fat paycheck, invested things in his house (appliances) and gave up his financial backbone because the religious police here does not listen to arguments and his company is a rat's a%$^&. Kaya siguro easily irritated ako kaagad sa issue na ito.

I did not mean to get into an argument with you Kaiser, pardon my heat.

9. flash1919

flash1919 TAGA-SIPAT

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. — Thomas Jefferson, American Declaration of Independence

Fake Al Qaeda

"Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word “Al-Qaeda” in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb “Qa'ada” which mean “to sit”, pertinently, on the “Toilet Bowl”. In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: “Al-Qaeda” also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or “Arab toilet” which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".
    So, if you were forming a terrorist group, would you call yourself, "The Toilet"?

http://www.serendipity.li/wtc7.htm]serendipity

10. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Sir Horge

+1

11. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Oh yes, we call the flat one Sony, and the standard one panasonic.

Fake Al Qaeda

"Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word “Al-Qaeda” in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb “Qa'ada” which mean “to sit”, pertinently, on the “Toilet Bowl”. In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: “Al-Qaeda” also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or “Arab toilet” which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".
    So, if you were forming a terrorist group, would you call yourself, "The Toilet"?

12. flash1919

flash1919 TAGA-SIPAT

13. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

No problem Sir Charlie! I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. Maybe you can share more when you come back and pass by the shop.

14. vega

vega

I don't know about ME but I worked in Northern Nigeria where Muslim faith is dominant. People are friendly whether you're Catholic, Buddhist or Muslim. It could be a race thing and not religion in the ME.

15. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Sure will do, amoy ng pulbura at recoil ang alam kong makakatanggal ng stress ko ngayon.

16. toxic

toxic

oh ayan peace na..painit na kase sa Mideast and CX, man mainit din dito, arrived Thurs...linis and dry firing lang but lll be joining the PG's sa 24 Yihawwwwwwww..

Back on the topic..Back to where i work marami rami na rin akong na experience along with other expats that no one of my closest friends and relatives believe has happened really make our blood boil( di ko na kwento baka maiyak lang ako):brickwall: ..we need the doe, they got the oil so look the other way na lang..Some people over their behave like angels in other countries but are like the devil themselves pag nakatyempo ka in thier oun turf some expats are unreasonable aswell, la naman kaming magawa home court advantage kunde:50cal: gawin ko slang pakain sa tilapia.

I agree with Vega its not the religion but the race thing and how some people were brought up.

We call it POST-JUDICE syndrome which iam still trying to recuperate from its the heat and all the BS we experience everyday working with SOME unbelievable individulais..CX your right Amoy lang ng gun powder ang pangtangal ng stress. pag uwi mo tangal yan..come to think of it malapit lapit na rin pala ko bumalik dyan:crying: but my wife will be with me pangngontra sa stress :supergrin:

Ano na nga ba tong topic na to..para matawa naman kayo : "REMOTO sa Senado ".ayyy mali.

17. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

back to topic - IIRC, pacheco's aim is to get guns out of the streets. keeping one within residence is ok for him, uhhh, i think.

bakit nga ba sa TV arresting officers wear civilian clothes lang? iba naka tsinelas lang. is this really acceptable or may standard rule?

18. binoy

binoy

Si Saki ang makakasagot nyan.. :supergrin:

19. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Nyaaarrrrkkkk...Danton Remoto is actually running for the Senate? Or a party list lang?

He was a professor of mine at Ateneo, brilliant guy, but his alternative lifestyle and inate kakulitan made his classes a bit disconcerting for some of us.

IS he also anti-gun like Nandy Pacheco?

20. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Baka undercover - you know, he was already under the covers when the other cops told him to come with them to do the arrest. Kaya naka-pambahay!:rofl:

Binoy is right though, LEO's like Saki and Punisher should be able to clarify this to us...