Gunless Society...In your dreams Nandy!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 9MX, Mar 1, 2007.

1. 9MX

9MX Rei!

I saw this sa Phil Pistol Forum

ON TARGET
    We live in dangerous times

By Ramon Tulfo
    Inquirer
    Last updated 04:42am (Mla time) 03/01/2007

We live in dangerous times, but there’s nothing we can do about it.

Two armed men barged into the home of an office executive in Project 8, Quezon City early morning last Friday.

One of the executive’s sons ran to his parents’ room when he saw the two men coming in. Before he could enter his parents’ room, he was shot in the leg.

The frightened son, 21, huddled with his parents inside the master bedroom.

But the couple forgot about the younger son, 18, who was sleeping in his bedroom.

The armed men fired shots inside the house. The couple and the elder son thought the shots were just meant to scare the house occupants.

What they didn’t know was that the shots were fired at the younger boy.

The housemaid, who was in the adjacent room, heard the cries for help of the 18-year-old boy.

“Huwag po, maawa po kayo (Please don’t shoot, have mercy on me),” the maid quoted the boy appealing to the robbers to spare his life.

The father wanted to come out to see if his other son was safe, but was prevented by his wife. There was no gun in the house.

All the three could do was call 117, an emergency number equivalent to the US 911, while the gunmen were inside their home.

The police arrived all right—after 30 minutes—long after the gunmen were gone.

Had there been a gun in the house or if the police were quick in answering the call for help, do you think that tragedy would have taken place?

I’m withholding the identity of the bereaved family at their request. I’m a friend of the father.

But I’m asking the Quezon City Police District to find the robber-killers and bring them to justice.

The tragedy at Project 8 is a commentary against “gunless society” advocacy and being overly dependent on the police for one’s protection.
    Let’s face it: When the government deprives good citizens of the right to protect themselves in their homes by not allowing them to own guns, the government tells the bad guys to have a party.

Let’s face another reality: The police in this country are useless because they are either corrupt or incompetent.

Many cops don’t even know how to handle a gun.

An incompetent and corrupt police force, plus an incompetent and corrupt national leadership, equals chaos.

While on the subject of guns, Philippine National Police Chief Oscar Calderon consistently refuses to issue this writer a permit to carry his pistol outside his home.

I need a gun for my personal protection.
    I need a gun to carry around because I have gained enemies as a result of my acid pen.

I need to protect myself from government officials and private individuals whom I have severely criticized in this column.

This country is the most dangerous place for a journalist, second only to Iraq.

What’s the matter, guys, you want to do me in without giving me a fighting chance?

If that’s the case, then I might be forced to violate the law against carrying a gun without a permit.

Survival is man’s primordial instinct.
    :sad:

2. pogi

pogi Nuon

Where do proponents of gunless society live?

If their domicile is either Greenmeadows, Acropolis, Valle Verde 1-6, Greenhills (N.E.W.S.), Forbes, Dasma etc., then "para silang nagtatago sa saya ng lola nila".

They can espouse gunless citizenry locked-up in their perimeter-walled & blue-boys' heavily guarded serene homes.

And maybe they shun away from nightlife. Be it plain business meeting or casual dinner with friends or maybe...maybe they DON'T quaff a single drop of alcohol into their healthy bellies at all in any of the watering holes in the metroplis. Ayaw nilang umuwi ng gabi na. Which is why-maybe they never have been so afraid to come home late at night. Hindi sila kinakabahan man lang...kasi they are in a peaceful environment.

Let's invite them to habitate in a non-exclusive community. Siguro...siguro kapag napatira sila sa pinanggalingan kong lugar sa Tandang Sora..."ala eh, baka pumulupot sila" Siguro...siguro tatlo-tatlo BIBILHIN NILANG boomer (M4, Bazooka and Anti-aircraft)NGEE!!!

Anyway, they are hooked to their cry. Let them. Who knows, baka gusto lang sumikat para may dahilang kumandidato.

For me, ITULOY ANG PAGHIMAS AT PAGPAPA-KAWALA KAY DIANA & JOYCE.

3. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

uhhh... Who are DIANA and JOYCE??? :)

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

hwehehehehe! si diana yung open gun. si joyce yung glock 17 niya. si angelica ang soon to be standard pistol project! tama ba ko fafa pogi?

5. gundog

gundog senior gunner

c angelica ang mag hair transplant sa kanila ni mco :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

6. Django

Django

Hindi facial and body scrub? :rofl:

7. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

magapapa "belo job" ba si pogi and mco??? :animlol:

8. anticentipede

anticentipede IN GOD WE TRUST

Hey, don't knock everyone who lives in exclusive villages, some of them own guns, and others like me, do intend to own guns and do believe in the God-given right to own and possess firearms for self defense.

Its about one's beliefs, one's faith, in God, in God's Word, more than where one lives. But of course there are lots of scumbags in exclusive villages too.

Now if i had the money, i would love to get an m4 carbine with a night vision scope.

A m1 garand would be great too.

9. vega

vega

He is not knocking down on everyone who lives in exclusive villages, only on the PROPONENTS OF GUNLESS SOCIETY who lives in exclusive villages.

10. OhioLibertarian

OhioLibertarian Senior Member!?

Ok so I can only understand about half of what ya'all right, but just tell them MOLON LABE my friends.....

11. 9MX

9MX Rei!

hell yeah!:thumbsup:

12. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

MOLON LABE indeed.

Anyone who tries to illegally confiscate my firearms will further
    get a more 'physical' example of the lakonic from me, at no extra charge
    (unless "+P" counts as such).

h.

13. pogi

pogi Nuon

Horge,
    Thanks for the edit. Mainit ako eh, kaya kung ano-ano tuloy lumalabas sa daliri ko habang ginagawa ko post.

Vega,
    Thanks, too, I meant that.

14. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

well, how about this! the other day our district director came to our headquarters with his men frisking policemen in civilian clothes to confiscate their guns. my batch mate an operative of anti-car napping, which supposedly in civilian attire during operations, confiscated his service pistol and for that matter was even relieved and re-assigned to precinct. :sad:

15. 9MX

9MX Rei!

hot ka ganun? at least sa daliri lumabas:animlol:

belo job lang katapat niyan, lapit lang clinic sayo :supergrin:

16. pogi

pogi Nuon

Psst!
    Balita ko malungkot daw ang buhay mo ngayon. Tawag ka lang...drink tayo! Pero 'yoko belo job-kay Jovit at Mco lang bagay yun.

17. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Hahaha, tama doc sumama ka na lang sa batangas bukas. :supergrin:

18. anticentipede

anticentipede IN GOD WE TRUST

19. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

He is my new best friend

Larry Pratt - Guest Columnist

20. isuzu

isuzu

I guess they live in several facilities that are being used to treat the mentally-ill. :animlol:

Man, they should wake up to reality! They're living (or hiding) comfortably in their cocoons.