Glock Talk banner

gun value question

1414 Views 27 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  AZ Husker
I just got a g26, and I think I may have accidentally made my 19 unneeded. If i were to sell it does anyone know the approximate value of a gen 3 19 from 1998? It's a 2 pin one, and has not been fired much by the looks of it. I have put 140 through it, but have no idea how many before that. I can post pics if it would help
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While that would be nice, I sort of doubt it. I might be able to get more from some for the 2 pin thing, but that's not guaranteed

· Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
32,590 Posts
While that would be nice, I sort of doubt it. I might be able to get more from some for the 2 pin thing, but that's not guaranteed
There's, like, 100 people in the world that would even know what "2 pin" even means. And they all post here.

It's worth what someone will pay you for it, no more or less. I'd start the price at $350 and it should sell fast.

· Registered
9,061 Posts
I'm amazed at some of the prices I see asked for a used Glock. $450 is close to new. I'd never pay that for a gun that is used and maybe abused. I never pay more than half price of retail.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I was being a bit sarcastic. People are asking so much for them on there sometimes, I've literally gone and bought new instead.
I got that. I would if you install a grip plug and a stainless recoil assembly it may be 75 more than new.

I understand the thought of the G26 being fine without a G19.

· NRA Life Member
75,603 Posts
I'm not 100% on selling it, but the 26 does everything I wanted the 19 to, and carries better. I doubt it'll get shot much anymore, and I try not to collect more than I shoot.
If I had a 26 and a 19, I'd carry the 26 and make the 19 a bedside gun or a truck gun or a living room gun or an office gun or, etc., etc.

Not sure why 2 guns could ever be one too many. I usually find that I need at least half a dozen handguns outside my safe at any one time and that doesn't include any that I take to the range.

Reactions: chemboy

· Registered
2,184 Posts
I'm not 100% on selling it, but the 26 does everything I wanted the 19 to, and carries better. I doubt it'll get shot much anymore, and I try not to collect more than I shoot.
Next month it will make 5 years since I shot my G19. There is nothing it does that my other Glocks don't do better for me. I don't need to sell it and don't want the trouble that goes with that anyway, so I'll hang onto for now.

· Registered
2,280 Posts
Tr
I got that. I would if you install a grip plug and a stainless recoil assembly it may be 75 more than new.

I understand the thought of the G26 being fine without a G19.
Truth is, someone would have to come at well over new for my 26. TFOs, extended mag release, extended slide release, extended slide lock, custom slide cover, stainless RSA (black) and Talons. Nah, $500 ain't getting mine, lol.

Oh, and a grip plug.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
But the question remains what one wants for it were it for sale versus what one could realistically get for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.