Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a long time since I have been to a gun show. The last gun show I went to I was VERY disappointed. There were a lot of Knick knack tables...flea market type of items. I have been reading that a lot of this has been cleaned up.

But I think my biggest disappointment was paying $10 or $15 per person to get in and finding that everything in the show was VERY over priced. It was during the time that gun sales and prices were through the roof but I could have driven to an LGS just down the road and paid considerably less for the ammo and guns that were for sale.

So I am curious if all of this has changed or will it be more of the same?? I remember a day ( loooong time ago ) where you could go to a gun show and find deals on things you were looking for.

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I've been going to gun shows since 2005 and seems as if nothing has changed over the last few years... I rarely go anymore because as was stated earlier lots of overpriced stuff... unless I have nothing better to do why should I spend half a day walking around looking for something I might not find when I can go to the local gun store or shop online and not have it cost me any more money....
I'm mostly what all is going just to get together with friends or for something to do for entertainment....
I was hoping this thread would turn out differently. But it looks like I’ll be finding something else to do on Saturday the 17th. It’s a same really because I used to enjoy spending hours looking at tables and tables of guns and watching people sucker over them. In many ways it was an education to me as I was finding guns I had never heard of and asking no about them. AND the guy at the table was willing to talk to me about it.

And over the past few years I would go in an LGS in my area not knowing there was a gun show in the area. I’d walk in and the counters would be nearly empty. When I asked why, the clerk would say, “ the owner gathered em all up and took em to the gun show”. “He will make more money up there”. All the while he leaves his store empty...

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Ditto on most all of the previous posters. Also, Armslist is kind of going the same way. New gun pricing, very few real deals.
I went on Armslist today for the first time. I wasn't impressed.
Not much to choose from and some of the weapons weren't represented very well. Maybe I need to keep trying for a bit

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Scoose, quit a bit of them. 11 acres under on roof. I believe it is the largest show in the country. I’ve been a few times. If you don’t buy it when you see it, you better take good notes as to its location or you will never find it again. Honestly, it is probably too big.
That sounds like its worth the trip!!

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
We have Bob and Rocco Gun shows up here in Wisconsin.
i attend most in the Milwaukee area. admission is $6-7 (some are a bit smaller so they charge accordingly).

You know it seems to be the same stuff every time. Are things expensive? yes, although i have seen some prices going down. It is supply and demand.

But, i do not go to the shows to find a good deal i go to meet up with my friend of over 40 years (he now live 2 hrs away) we walk the aisles poke around sometimes find a little treasure, sometimes a big treasure. Often running into other shooting buddies. after the show we go have lunch and discuss Faith, politics, family, and other passions.

we have become friends with many of the vendors so it is like just going for a visit. We go with no expectations of finding "good deals" but sometimes we do.

If i am looking for a new gun i go to the LGS or one of the Vendors i know at the show. and yes you can get better deals on Gunbroker.com

i find Gun Shows to be more of a social outlet not a place for good deals although they can be found without warning so have cash.
That makes perfect sense. May just well be a good excuse for dad and I to hang out for a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.