Gun Show

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Bruce M, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Bruce M

Bruce M

I was at the show yesterday in the central part of the state. I did not see anything that seemed like a real bargain but I did see some interesting guns. One guy had a couple dozen various Lugers on his table ranging from around 3000 to one that was 26000. Most of them looked pristine. There were a couple tables with some SAAs including one with a fair number of them marked as first generation and apparently never refinished.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah, one thing you're always sure to see at a big show is plenty of Lugers.

3. Sigobsessed

Sigobsessed Ruggedly handsome

I was at a show today and was kind of disappointed with the selection, but there were quite a few Lugers as well.

4. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

I manage to go to about one a year. I have never seen a Luger here. Not even at the nazi table. Mostly here's it's people that put stuff out for sale, that isn't really priced to sell.

There is also a ton of super expensive AR's that don't have any brand names.

5. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Gun shows have been disappointing for me lately. im better off at a couple of good shops in the area.

6. gadgetnut259

gadgetnut259

I went to a local gun show yesterday. It was nice to see plenty of ammo and reloading components back on the tables. It was slim pickin's for a few years.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

There was also a guy who had a LeMat revolver. I don't see those around every day.
    [​IMG]

(generic internet photo)

8. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

What is the going price for a shooting grade Luger?

I have my father's war trophy Luger I have put maybe 30 rounds thru over the years-a very interesting shoot.

9. CajunBass

CajunBass

I've been sort of wondering the same thing lately. Ali-Babba has several of them in their case. I'm sure they're not in the "rare" or anything class, they're all priced in the $1500-2000 range, but there is one that's tagged at $800. I understand that one has been refinished, but I wouldn't care about that.

They're really not my "thing" but there is something about a Luger I suppose. I've always wanted to cover someone with a Luger and say "ve hafe vays to make you talk."

I love going to gun shows. I don't care about the Glocks, Sigs, Taurus, etc. I'm looking at the old stuff. I'm not going to buy anything. But it's fun to look.

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If I had a shooter Luger, I'd use it in an IDPA match at least once.

11. Wishoot

Wishoot

Set your expectations very low and you won't be disappointed at gun shows.

12. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

I have tables at several shows. The variety of folks who attend is interesting. I will put a mix of stuff on the table. No jerky or trinkets though. Had a 1st Gen Colt SAA on my table a few years ago for $5500. A guy was checking it out and told me he had one like it and might want to sell it. He brought it in later. I bought it. Very early Cavalry gun. Not original though. The grips had been swapped out for walrus ivory.