Gun show success: Two new Glocks for the collection

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HauntedAlabama, Feb 9, 2010.

1. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

Went to a show up the road in Birmingham Sunday looking to sell a couple of guns, pick up a new gun for the wife and a 30sf for me. I was in the door for about twenty minutes, talking to a vendor, when I happened to look back to see the familiar black Glock case in a gentleman's hands. I figured I would ask, what the heck. He has a 30sf with 50 rounds through it, the case and three mags. Private seller, yippie!! Asked his price, he told me, thanked him and told him I would check back. Shopped my two around, sold one for what I wanted for it, and hunted the 30sf guy back up. This time I looked it over really good. The finish is perfect, the frame has no wear, still has some copper grease on it. He said he wanted something less bulky and it had not had any issues. Asked what he would take, bottom dollar, he told me $475. Told him let me think about it and I headed off to look around some more. I looked at a couple of new 30sf's in the $600 range, knew that is what they are locally, and went back and counted out $475. Can't wait to take it to the farm this weekend and try it out. Anyway, now that I got the sf I had a 30 I was willing to part with. Found a buyer for it, we both walked off happy, and somehow I ended up bringing a new Glock 33 home instead of getting my wife a gun. Life is good, two new Glocks for me and I get to go visit some gun shops this weekend in my wife's quest for her new carry piece. Just thought I would share my excitement!

2. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

Sounds like a very fun and productive weekend.

3. den888

den888

Congrats on the good deal !!!