Gun Show Private Sale Question

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LoadToadBoss, Mar 9, 2010.

1. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Has anyone take a gun to a gun show to conduct a private sale?

I'm not talking about selling to a dealer at the show. I see guys all the time standing against the wall with their private guns they are looking to unload. Does the gun show sponsor frown on that, or is it accepted practice? Do the dealers give private sellers grief for the extra competition that hasn't paid a booth fee to the show's promoter.

2. ray9898

ray9898

It is common practice at every gun show I have visited. No one says a word. There is usually a process at the front door where the gun is safety checked and zip tied open.

3. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

4. Jon_R

Jon_R

If it is legal or not depends on your state. FL it is legal and I see people doing it all the time at gun shows. I bought a 1903A3 private sale at a gun show.

If the person in charge of the show does not like it they can tell the person to leave. Inside the show that charges admission I am sure is treated like private property and the "property owner" can tell someone to leave. Refusal could lead to trespassing charges. How the dealers feel about it not sure I would worry about it. Most of the people I see trying to sell check with dealers for offers.

5. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

I'm not a dealer, but if I were I'd like large amounts of cash changing hands a few feet from my booth. The guy with the now heavy wallet might come spend money on something of mine.

6. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Do what is legal but don't forget to CYA.

7. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I've bought and sold a number of guns in the parking lot before ever entering the show.

8. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Very common. No one has a problem with it other than the Brady Campaign. The vendors know there's a good chance the money from the now sold gun may very well come their way. The people running the gun show have at least one person (the seller) who came there to sell the gun and might not have come in otherwise.

It's a win all around.