close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun show loop hole??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Psychman, Dec 19, 2012.

1. XshooterX

XshooterX

There is no "gun show loophole." If someone wants to find a loophole, they could talk about a "private sale loophole" but, this happening at gun shows is no different than what takes place on armslist, gunbroker, GT classifieds or any brother-in-law deal that you've ever made. It's just a real life gun classifieds website with dealers as well as non dealers selling what they don't want. Dealers have to do checks to comply with their licensing and non dealers don't. It has nothing to do with it being a gun show. I've never understood how this has been perceived as some sort of loophole or go-around. I do agree, however, with letting the idea go on and using it as a bargaining chip in gun ban debates. They think they're banning something, while we know that it doesn't even exist. Win/win. This is all just my take on it though... You might think differently.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I've read the whole thread, and you are wrong. Just like I said in the reply you quoted. Get over yourself, you are not the first person willing to compromise someone's else's rights because you don't think it important.

3. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

Close the gun show Loophole and right on its heels will be the requirement to transfer all gun sales between law abiding citizens through an FFL and pay for the privilege. Criminals, of course, will not be so burdened.

Some states already are at this level of control.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Exactly. They don't care about the "gun show loophole" they want all private sales regulated.

5. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

If you can't understand that doing so would in no way, shape or form "compromise someone else's rights", then you are representative of the stupidity of gun owners. You would rather lose the entire enchilada (ALL OF OUR RIGHTS), than bend (but NOT BREAK) on something that would make absolutely no difference.

I swear, there can be no doubt. Gun owners are our own worst enemy.

6. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Agreed, but your kind are the problem as been proven time and again.

The fight hasn't even begun and you have already thought of a way to give something up. AND you are too stupid to realize they will not stop there. Even though there is a lot of history to learn from.

7. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano VIVA MEXICO !!!

Yes, I've seen it first hand in gun shows in Texas. Even a guy whispered to me, "hey buddy, come closer, no papers needed" and winked to me.

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

We have Fudds. Now we need a term for those among us who want to give the antis these little victories in hopes that they leave us alone.

9. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

While your concept is well though out and logical it will not gain traction here as you are dealing with Zealots. It's ok though as they are in the minority.

10. Leigh

Leigh

"Force anyone that sets up a table...?"

Do you understand that the ONLY people who may use 4473's and NICS are actual FFL dealers, no one else; not 20 years ago, not today, and not in the future.

So what you are proposing is that only licensed dealers may set up a table (if selling firearms) inside of a gun show?

11. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Says the guy who voted for Obama and doesn't care about an assault weapons ban.

That is the company you are in M&P...

12. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

You'd actually create a bunch of criminals out of folks who just aren't up to date with the new law or choose not to endure the hassle.

Civil Disobedience.

When guns our outlawed, Only outlaws will have guns.
    :whistling:

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Clearly you aren't a 2nd amendment zealot. Congratulations. You are about to get the "reasonable restrictions" you voted for.

14. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Yes, at every gun show I've attended. Not to mention guys walking around with guns and "for sale" placards. They're all just private citizens exercising their rights in a free society.

I'll add that some gunshow organizers actively discourage private sales at their shows, which is also their right.

15. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I think the WWII term was Quisling...

16. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

You're completely wrong, and you can't see the forrest for the trees.

Hell, if we as firearms owners, working through the NRA, were REALLY SMART, would could even come out ahead in this game. We could close the "gun-show loop-hole" as I have suggested, but in return for our "compromise", the legislative folks need to get to crackin' on Nation-wide CCW, helping our brother and sisters in anti-gun states get their rights back.

Of course, you and others REFUSE to see this as a political game that must be played, so you want to stay off the field pouting and throwing tantrums, instead of getting on the field with a sound strategy and WINNING.

****, I sound like Charlie Sheen.:rofl:

17. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

There's no liability. The seller just informs the investigator that the gun was sold. If the seller has info he wants to share with the investigator he may do so, or he may say he doesn't recall any details. If the investigator has other evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the seller he can follow up on it.

Happens all the time.

18. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Like I said, the game hasn't begun yet. No players are on the field. Everyone is just talking smack right now...

And here is M&P, ready to forfeit!

19. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

M&P, I am seriously worried about you. I thought you believed in freedom. Freedom is absolute - it's not something you can bargain away to "pacify" people who want to take it away.

20. Z71bill

Z71bill

I think a 10 day waiting period would pretty much kill gun shows -

The local shows I attend (Houston area) have dealers from all over Texas - almost always a few from Dallas & San Antonio.

Buy a gun from someone 250 miles away - have to wait 10 days - makes it hard to take delivery. I bet most dealers would say screw it - not worth it. You lose the dealers from out of the area - why bother.

I don't see myself meeting some guy for a FTF sale where -

I give him the cash - he holds the gun for 10 days - and then we meet up again so I can get the gun from him.

IMHO - a 10 day waiting period will crush gun shows & private FTF sales.

:dunno: