close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun show - Cow Palace

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by Juliet Lima, May 1, 2007.

1. Juliet Lima

Juliet Lima Hawaiian Guy

Anyone going this weekend? May 5-6 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. I'll be there.

2. kevbo

kevbo Itchy Member CLM

I'll be ther Saturday around 9am. Want to make sure I can get the ammo I want if Miwall has it in stock, as well as get out early if it is a POS as usual- read less gun stuff, more crapola

3. Juliet Lima

Juliet Lima Hawaiian Guy

I've never been to a show in Cali. I was hoping to get a feel of how they are out here. Judging from Kevbo's response, maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

If I was to buy a handgun how would that work? I'm guessing same as buying from a store. After the 10-11 day waiting period where would you go to pick up your gun? I'm thinking it's more of a hassle than anything to buy a handgun at a show than it's worth.

4. zeppe807

zeppe807 Always Prepared

To buy a handgun at the show you need a FFL dealer that the person you are buying it from can transfer the gun to, or you could use one that will be at the show, but you will have to go to their shop to pick up the gun. The paperwork does not start until the gun gets to the finally FFL dealer. Another thing is that they will charge you about $80 to do the transfer.

I never find anything that is worth buying at most of the gun shows I go to because I always figure in the amount of hassle I have to deal with. Always ask a lot of questions.

Have fun:thumbsup:

5. kevbo

kevbo Itchy Member CLM

Parking $7-10 depending on what else is at the CP
    Admission $10 (download coupon from Crossroads for a buck off)

as for a gun purchase-do you have your CA Handgun Safety Certificate? if not, you can take the test at the CP, not sure how much they want but would guestimate at least $25

Yes, you need to do the 10 day wait. Not sure how much the DROS fees are but they have folks there to take care of it.

Not sure if yoou get to pick which FFL you can pick your gun up from, but High Bridge in SF will do it.

i do have my eye on a mint Python with a 4in(I think, am having 'old-timers ' moment) barrel

6. Juliet Lima

Juliet Lima Hawaiian Guy

Yes I have my HSC. I've already bought a G19 since I've been here in Cali. I think I got my answer...you have to find an FFL willing to do the "transfer" from the dealer you buy it from. If I was going to do that I might as well buy it from out of state and have it transfered from an FFL. There's no way a dealer at the show could compete with an out of state dealer. I'm looking to get a G23 NIB.

Am I right?

7. Glock21Owner

Glock21Owner NRA Life Member

I won't be able to make it to this show but I would be indebted to anyone who can provide me with vendors who are selling grips for revolvers. If you see such a vendor and can get their contact info, please PM me with it. I have been looking for a nice, used pair of factory S&W N frame squared butt combat grips (the type with finger grooves) but have not been successful at all. Thanks in advance!