close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Gun Show Ammo

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Mickmedic, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Mickmedic

Mickmedic Drug Pusher

I usually buy Winchester 100 round Range Packs, in 9mm, from Wal-Mart.
    Im going to the Gun Show in Raleigh, NC this weekend, and was hoping to pick up some bulk ammo. I am looking for some suggestions on brands that might be available, and also what to stay away from.
    Thanks for your input.
    Mick

2. Rainman

Rainman Forgiven!

IMO stay with factory ammo and stay away from gunshow reloads. I saw a while back on a web site 1000 rounds of 9mm for $99 delivered. I'll try to find where and post. I bet you want beat that price from a gun show.

3. seanmcp

seanmcp CLM

I bet what the previous poster saw for $99 delivered was Igman 124 gr FMJ from AimSurplus. I bought 5K rounds of it at a recent gun show for under $90/thousand, including shipping the 1/2 mile to may car *grin* I was NOT gonna lug it that far, and was happy they had an ATV for me! It's great ammo, IMO, so far. If you don't reload or shoot at a range where the onwer/operators do and require brass, Aluminum Blazer is good stuff. So is their brass cased stuff, but it's as expensive as the other stuff at that point. Brown Bear goes bang, like wolf or silver bear, but is also as dirty as those two. I do prefer the Blazer or Igman to WWB, as the rounds seems to be more consistant.

4. Rainman

Rainman Forgiven!

Igman 124 gr FMJ from AimSurplus. That was it seanmcp. I look at so much ammo on the net I forget alot of the time where I saw something. I think that sale has ended though.

5. seanmcp

seanmcp CLM

They still have it for $99/K, but they don't list the free shipping right now like they did. Might call and ask them, tho.

6. Mickmedic

Mickmedic Drug Pusher

My thanks to everyone for their input.