Gun Scrubber Use

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pennypooguns, Oct 12, 2010.

1. pennypooguns

pennypooguns

Hi:
    Does anyone use Casey Birchwood Gun Scrubbers on their Glocks?
    Opinions??
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

2. hk_shootr

hk_shootr NRA Life member

I quit using it years ago, it's very hard on sights.:whistling:

I only use clp and if I need to rinse a slide or frame, I only use
    isppropyl alcohol.

3. Dogguy

Dogguy

Yes. I use the "synthetic safe" type. I like it. I especially like it for magazines--no need to disassemble them, you just flush out the debris through the witness holes.

I've used it on Glocks since 1990 when I bought my first one. That gun is still working perfectly. It hasn't affected the Meprolight night sights on any of my Glocks.

Prior to buying a Glock with polymer frame, I used brake parts cleaner on my metal and wood guns. I got the same results with the brake parts cleaner but the synthetic safe Gun Scrubber seemed like a reasonable path to take for plastic parts.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  4. crash09

crash09

I use the polymer safe formula, sparingly, when I need to deep clean. It works well, but it's about as rough on your hands as it is on grease. I would strongly recommend wearing safety glasses and rubber gloves. I had it bouce off a surface and blow back into my eyes once. Not fun.

5. Roger G23

Roger G23 Glock Guy

I squirt it in the "cleaning hole" which cleans and removes all crud and any oil all within the striker channel making a complete disassembly and cleaning unnecessary. :cool:

6. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

I use CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. Does the same work for less. You can find it in the automotive section near the brake cleaner. It costs about 4 bucks at wally world.

7. MarkCO

MarkCO Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator CLM Millennium Member

Same as Non-Chlorinated brake parts cleaner, $2/can at Wally World. Try a search on brake parts cleaner. There are three or four old threads where several "uninformed" people attempted to argue that it was different and that BPC would destroy your Glocks. I posted the chemcial compatability references therein.

Here is the most recent thread: https://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1172193&page=2

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010