Glock Talk banner

Gun sales through the roof again!!!

4K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  JAS104 
#1 ·
wow, just heard on Fox news, Ruger profits are up over 85%...and some ammo manuf's are booked and contracted out over a year in advance! group think/crowd sourcing/ must be tellin us something!

#4 ·
Yep, does seem to happen every election cycle. This is early for it, but I think people on all sides are more politically agitated this year than usual, so it probably makes sense that it would start earlier.

#8 · (Edited)
Considering there are good arguments that both candidates will be looking to pass gun control bills, what else would you expect?

#10 ·
Mexico! Crap, no guns either.

#16 · (Edited)
^that.
Just relax, but what you normally would.
The world isnt gonna friggin end.
Well the masses believe Obama is gonna take all their guns away BS again. The manufacturers feed on all the BS and are cleaning up in the process. They love all the spin and propaganda.

More guns and ammo in the hands of the peons is not necessarily a bad thing.
It is..in the wrong hands. There are some folks I'd like to see disarmed, they make it bad for us.

#18 ·
Considering there are good arguments that both candidates will be looking to pass gun control bills, what else would you expect?
Yep, either way we have a candidate with a much less than ideal gun history.

More guns and ammo in the hands of the peons is not necessarily a bad thing.
I agree. I'd like to see gun ownership go even more mainstream.

There are some folks I'd like to see disarmed.
:rant:

This is why politicians can get away with assault weapons bans, because people don't understand what a "right" is. Are there some folks you'd like to see unable to practice their religion freely? The fact is scumbags are going to give responsible gun owners bad press in the same way that racists give everyone with free speech bad press. The answer is education and personal responsibility, not disarming people.

As with last time around I expect prices to peak in October and most everywhere to be sold out of high demand items by mid October. I'll be doing my capitalist duties and buying low and selling high.

If any of you are short on high cap mags or ammo pick it up now before the crowd goes wild. Actually a month or two ago would have been better, but better late than never.

#19 ·
I believe in three things:

The possible
The probable
and the infinite stupidity and greed of people (with politicians seemingly having a corner on this market).

Now apply this to the current "buy as much as you can" and "get what you can now" mentality. Frankly, I don't see these people as gullible as late to the party.

People can say what they want....but a second AWB or something even more reaching is hardly tin foil hat conspiracy theory; the fed did it once.

If Obama can push through a 1200 page Health care bill which created how many different agencies and had to be passed "to see what this bill can do" does anyone even doubt for a second a 2nd Amendment limiting bill couldn't be at least introduced? If this happens...then watch the frenzy.

#20 ·
election season bud,all those gun shops spinning tales of bans and restrictions
+1

I seen some guy holding a S&W M&P15 AR and the sales guy was weaving the tale, "I'm not sure how long I'm going to have it in. If you wait too long I might have bare shelves and if Obama wins who knows what is going to happen :wow:"

For me its just annoying. I got what I need, so I'm in no panic, but it make buying the guns and ammo what I want for fun a PITA."

#21 ·
It's telling us that those of us who thought Americans would not reelect Obama and let him become a second term president with no need to ever run for office again, and the power to eliminate the 2nd amendment by supreme court nominations, have realized we were wrong.

Once it sunk in that those most opposed to Obama and liberals would lead the charge to reelect him, in the name of principles and conservatism (by voting 3rd party or refusing to cvote), it became time to worry about our gun rights and stock up.

Gun owners are in serious trouble during the next term.

#22 ·
I believe in three things:

The possible
The probable
and the infinite stupidity and greed of people (with politicians seemingly having a corner on this market).

Now apply this to the current "buy as much as you can" and "get what you can now" mentality. Frankly, I don't see these people as gullible as late to the party.

People can say what they want....but a second AWB or something even more reaching is hardly tin foil hat conspiracy theory; the fed did it once.

If Obama can push through a 1200 page Health care bill which created how many different agencies and had to be passed "to see what this bill can do" does anyone even doubt for a second a 2nd Amendment limiting bill couldn't be at least introduced? If this happens...then watch the frenzy.
^ THIS!!!!!
Obama, with 4yrs to pull some lame duck shenanigans out of his ass, would be the worst nightmare gun owners could ever imagine. And Romney's a putz too.

#23 ·
I don't see this as a bad thing. Sure the prices go up, but the more publicity of gun buying, the more the public wonders if they should too. The more people with guns, the more people don't want theirs taken away.

This creates more 2A conservatives and gives the Government pause to consider us.

#24 ·
I don't see this as a bad thing. Sure the prices go up, but the more publicity of gun buying, the more the public wonders if they should too. The more people with guns, the more people don't want theirs taken away.

This creates more 2A conservatives and gives the Government pause to consider us.
I also like this side effect. I don't care for the price increases or the lack of parts and making it harder to get weapons, but it doesnt stay like that, and if it did, the market would adjust for it.

More guns in the hands of the public means less chance we will lose our rights.

I don't like the fear mongering stuff, but I really don't hear much of it from the "gun shops". I hear more of it from the internet than anything...

#25 ·
Yep, either way we have a candidate with a much less than ideal gun history.

I agree. I'd like to see gun ownership go even more mainstream.

:rant:

This is why politicians can get away with assault weapons bans, because people don't understand what a "right" is. Are there some folks you'd like to see unable to practice their religion freely? The fact is scumbags are going to give responsible gun owners bad press in the same way that racists give everyone with free speech bad press. The answer is education and personal responsibility, not disarming people.

As with last time around I expect prices to peak in October and most everywhere to be sold out of high demand items by mid October. I'll be doing my capitalist duties and buying low and selling high.

If any of you are short on high cap mags or ammo pick it up now before the crowd goes wild. Actually a month or two ago would have been better, but better late than never.
Hey Its true there are idiots out there that should not be armed. That doesn't mean I'm anti-second amendment :upeyes:

#26 ·

I'm kind of 50/50 with that. I like the fact that more people are open to CCW, especially women. However I'm having issues with the influx of newbies who shot their ARs and AKs at the 25 yard pistol range and some how hit my target in the next lane over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.