Gun sales are crazy....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Need4Speed, Jul 8, 2020.

1. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

It’s sad that you think this is fine. You have to pay to get permission. Constantly update.. I’m sorry for you.

racer88, gamecocks and Folsom_Prison like this.
  2. Biggy1

Biggy1

I am seriously thinking about selling my whole arsenal, except for just a few and a little ammo for $100,000. a couple weeks before the election. IMHO, **if** Trump were to loose, and I do not think he will, prices on ammo and tactical type self defense firearms will go through.

3. Fanner50

Fanner50 NRA Patron Member

If Trump does lose (and I sure hope he doesn't) between November and January you can probably sell your collection for $200,000.00. I might do the same.

4. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

And you’re ok with all that? Seems that you’re. That’s more than invasive imo.

Here in flyover country and I’d like to keep it that way.... we don’t even need a permit to carry within state lines. OC is legal although it’s rare to see someone doing so. It’s wise to keep a CCQ permit if you’re crossing state lines which I’m at a border. I purchase a gun online, it gets shipped to my FFL buddy, and with a valid CCW permit he doesn’t even have to run it through the NICS system, just fill the form out and go on my merry way.

5. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Yeah its absolutely nuts in general but specifically for Glocks and 9mm ammo. I've seen both going for crazy prices lately - when you can find them (which is *very* rare)

My best bet for ammo is to buy bulk from a gunbroker auction and be patient with a price you are willing to pay. I was able to get a good deal by just being patient, searching for exactly what I wanted (FMJ ammo from Blazer, Remington, Winchester or Sellier & Bellot) and sticking to my price.

6. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Same thing here and I actually had a detective call me last year or so regarding a Glock 30 that got traced back to me. I sold it FTF years prior and it ended up recovered in a crime.

Detective asked who i sold it to, I said I don’t remember it was a ftf sale, he said he wasn’t a felon and had a valid state issued drivers license or so i thought..... ok thanks have a good day!

As far as Florida, you can have that lol. Some of the news story’s that come out of that place are almost un believable. .

7. fistagon

fistagon

I shoot a lot of 300blk and thank God I have a good stash of it. But the prices for ammo now’a days is ridiculous. Any brand of brass case is going for $1 and the Wolf steel stuff around $0.75.

luckily I got in on a buy from Sportsman’s Guide at $0.67 shipped for the Hornady 125gr that will arrive mid August. They have another order coming in after it that will ship in October you can buy now if anyone wants in on it.

8. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I just got some 6.5 Creedmoor from Cabela's at slightly below the pre-covid / riots price.

I'm glad I'm OK on 9-mm. A friend just asked me for a box of 9-mm HPs, in case of emergency. A lot of people got caught with their pants down. Also a good reason to have multiple calibers rather than consolidating to one caliber as has been the fashion in recent years.

9. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

I still have been able to get ammo for reasonable prices. Just need to know where to look for it and get it when it is available. I agree that having multiple calibers / gauges helps since you can buy what is available and at least have something to shoot. In June I bought some. RECENT AMMO PURCHASE.jpg
    This month I am focusing on more Winchester AA shotgun ammo to get the $2.00 per box rebate, plus replenish some of the rifle ammo that I do not load for.

Bob

10. Timeless

Timeless

I feel so spoiled with my CWP and this state...no having to wait...just go in, fill out the form, show your CWP, and walk out with it. :D

11. curlysir

curlysir

Texas is the same. Only problem right now is finding a gun to buy at a price I will pay.

Timeless likes this.
  12. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Are you being serious?? I thought he bought his revolver in a gun shop.

13. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

I owned a gun shop in the 70s and 80s, but I wasn’t the one that sold it to him. By utter coincidence I sold a Charter Arms Bull Dog to Dr. David Berkowitz, that I had owned. Was a crazy time and cost me a bunch of legal fees to get clear of it all. So it was traced to the distributor, to my FFL then to the 4473 sale to me and the forward transfer. After than I not only documented everything I sold personally or through any dealer but got a signature and time stamp from the buyers. Still do that even with the guns I buy now that go through dealers to me or out from me.

To complicate matters, Dr. Bertowitz had died, but his widow had kept their sail boat and the gun was found on the boat where he had it hidden for protection.

I am not saying that anyone is wrong, you all have a right to your opinion, where you live and how you handle transactions. Under the Sullivan Law I can go to jail pretty easily for a minimum of 2 years for an infraction and I am not into homosexual, behind bars sex. I tend bar (not at the moment, but I will again) across the street from my Apartment in Manhattan and there are 5 other restaurants on the block and I can walk to about everything I need other than ammo, which I keep enough of. Can walk to the range 8 blocks away. So for me, I love living here enough to put up with some of the crap.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Lockback likes this.