close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Safe?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by mac777daddy, Apr 4, 2006.

1. mac777daddy

mac777daddy

I am looking for a good safe I can put in my basement. I would like to be able to keep my long and hand guns in the safe also personal items. I would like to bolt it to the floor if needed or just have it heavy enough that it does not need to be bolted to the floor. I would like to stay under $1000 if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks MAC

2. painkiller

painkiller

you ight have quite a few options.first one that comes to mind is a sentry at lowes.i think the model # is:GX8599-2ST,it'll hold quite a few guns and the dimensions are:59h x 22 3/4w x 26 1/2l.you can see it on their website.its close to $800 i believe.you can try cabelas too.they have a stack on that holds quite a few too with about the same dimensions as the sentry for about 450ish.hope this helps

3. Bluestone

Bluestone

A piece of advice, get one bigger than the one you think you'll need. Also, if you keep a lot of ammo, get another for the ammo, or at least a locking metal cabinet. You won't need to bolt down the ammo one, because no one will be able to lift it up for the weight.

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mac,

I forgot to mention in the PM, any safe you get should be secured in some way to something stationary - floor, frame of buliding, support beam, preferably in a corner so it's harder to topple (safety and security).

'Drew

5. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

If we knew where you were posting from, someone might offer to show you their set-up, and maybe make you a good deal on a local sale.

6. CincinnastyKid

CincinnastyKid aces n the hole

I picked up a "club safe" from Sam's club. It's branded to Winchester but made by Granite Security which makes Treadlok safes and cost me $581+tax. I picked it up myself. They'll put it in your truck or on a trailer for you. 3 of us got it off my trailer and rolled it into the basement on a dolly. I think it's like 575lbs and can be bolted to the gound.

For all the info on the safe check out:
    http://winchestersafes.com/

It's not top of the line but very nice and well made for the price.

Hope this helps!

-Kid

7. 10-32

10-32 Here, hold this

That looks very similar to the one I have, but mine was $700ish. Looks like a great deal!

8. glockenbill

glockenbill

i have a treadlock 60"x24"x 19" 415 lbs. for $475 in the east ohio area