Gun safe for 2018 Nissan Armada

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Raidrsj, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Raidrsj

Raidrsj

I am looking for a gun safe for our 2018 Nissan Armada. It is the same style as the 2017. I need to store two Glock 26 subcompacts. There is little storage under the driver and passenger front seats and what little that is available is only accessible from behind the front seats. Do any of you have a Nissan Armada and have suggestions?

2. GordyNismo

GordyNismo

Don't have an Armada but maybe I can provide some ideas. I used to keep a pistol (Sig Pro 2022) in my glovebox and it was unlocked most of the time. If I went somewhere questionable, I would just lock the glove box. Where I live there is not much of a crime problem but my 2007 4Runner had kind of a secret door in the glovebox that hid the gun well. Unless you owned a Gen4 4Runner you would not have known the compartment was there.

I just picked up a 2018 4Runner Limited a few weeks ago and well the glovebox is 1/2 the size and no secret compartment. I also have grown leary of not having a solution that is locked down that is still easily accessible to get to. Enter the Lock'er Down Console Safe. There is another competing product but I chose the Lock'er Down because it is made in Texas and they offer an electronic lock. The electronic option allows much faster access if needed that lining up the 3 to 4 numbers on a tumbler or having to mitigate a key.

The Sig Pro has been retired to nightstand duty and the new truck gun is my G19.5. It also fits much better in the safe that a full size pistol would. In order to keep the pistol in a safe manner, I ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB holster. It has several holes on the back and is pretty much flat lending it well to mounting on the surface of something. Like the inside surface of the console safe. In order to get the holster spaced enough away from the inside of the safe, I used 1/2 Baltic birch and covered with black leather (matches the seats) and sandwiched that in-between the holster and inside wall. The end result is enough space to get my hand around the grip of the pistol and not be so crammed that things get banged around. There is also enough room for other items as well. The holster has 4 points of tension and is also rock solid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GlockyQ, kaisooba and crockett like this.

3. Raidrsj

Raidrsj

I have a Lock’er Down safe for my 2018 Toyota Tundra, but none of the ones on their site seem to fit the Armada. It has a rather small center console compared to the large one my Tundra has.

4. GordyNismo

GordyNismo

Well that stinks. It looks like they have one for the 2015. Did the interior change after 2015?

5. Raidrsj

Raidrsj

Yes it was a complete re-design.