GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Enjoy your spit-ball competitions and bow and arrow hunts.
Your point? Actually illustrates my point. If it's made illegal I can't use them anyway, so why do I care if the gov knows I have guns.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Ever get a tax stamp for a suppressor?

Ever get a stamp for a full auto?

Ever fill out a multiple handgun purchase form?

Have a CCW?

Ever internet ammo buy?

Ever order gun parts from Brownells, or perhaps Midway or any of the others?

Ever internet order holsters?

Ever join the NRA, the GOA, Second Amendment groups?

Answer yes to more than one of these questions and you are not "ON" the list.... You "ARE" the list.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Man, I’ve done all of those except the top 2.
:faint:

I guess my point is.... if they want you, they can get you.

Realistically, why would they waste their time bothering honest people.

They can't control the Crips, the Bloods, MS-13, Hells Angels and the rest.

Why divert resources to harass otherwise good people.

·
Native Mainiac
21,646 Posts

Easier targets to make sure they meet their quota of busts every month??

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,226 Posts

They have no desire to control criminals, they have a great desire to control YOU.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Forget all the conventional gun laws that we enjoy, They will all be destroyed very soon. buying a handgun would be as tedious as buying a house soon enough.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Every gun that's sold gets recorded in the dealer record of sale book, and when the dealer shuts his business those books get turned over to DOJ. And no they doesn't destroy it!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Your point? Actually illustrates my point. If it's made illegal I can't use them anyway, so why do I care if the gov knows I have guns.
My point is that we're working our way to less and less useful firearms that are legal to own. What you are allowed today many not be allowed tomorrow.

It sounds like you don't want to do anything to prevent the erosion of what guns are legal. That's certainly your choice to make. But if you think your current guns are never going to be touched, consider Australia's experience since 1996. They went from banning 'assault rifles' to semi-automatic anything rifles then to lever guns. Now they have banned more guns including some 22lr handguns.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blo...b51be72-41750069&blogcategory=Western+Austral

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
My point is that we're working our way to less and less useful firearms that are legal to own. What you are allowed today many not be allowed tomorrow.

It sounds like you don't want to do anything to prevent the erosion of what guns are legal. That's certainly your choice to make. But if you think your current guns are never going to be touched, consider Australia's experience since 1996. They went from banning 'assault rifles' to semi-automatic anything rifles then to lever guns. Now they have banned more guns including some 22lr handguns.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blo...b51be72-41750069&blogcategory=Western+Austral
Where did I say any of that? I've been an advocate for gun rights for over 40 yrs and fought to get CC in my state.
My point was if it's illegal I can't use it, so it does me no good. That is it and that is all. And what do you mean by less useful, my bolt action rifles, revolvers, shotguns and my Glock pistols are pretty useful to me.

As far as Australia, there semi auto rifle ban was 24 yrs ago. Today they can still get pretty much everything else. Albeit with greater restrictions, but they don't even have a 2nd Amendment. There is actually more firearms in circulation now than 24 yrs ago.

·
Wolverine
9,361 Posts
I don’t know how much damage the Dems can inflict on our firearms rights but I take solace in two things. First, the Second Amendment which still appears to have SCOTUS backing. Second, the Canadians tried long arm registry, wasted millions of dollars and abandoned it after it was apparent that it was an abject failure.

With over 300 million people and over 400 million guns, how does this go forward here, especially with a group that has historically resisted tyrannical rules? That said,“ the price of freedom is eternal vigilance“-Thomas Jefferson

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,825 Posts
I’m hoping that SCOTUS shoots down modern sporting rifle and standard capacity mag bans prior to the leftists starting their BS.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I think people should chill, as I do not see American's giving up guns. Law Enforcement is already over work, are they going to stop answering calls?

I thought Donald J. Trump would win the 2020 election, and that did not happen did it, (They) will come for your guns, and (They) will come for you.

The Military can be ordered to lend a hand too you know.

·
AK-74
1,986 Posts
What me worry.... for what will it make the day easier. Not at all.

enjoy what you do everyday. Until you can't anymore.

In the end that is all you will be left with.
2013_04_Cat-in-The-Night-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Let's see - prisons are already overcrowded yet the democrats want to make instant felons out of tens of millions of law abiding citizens. Oh yeah, and defund the police. And more than 75 million Americans supposedly voted for this? What is happening to this country?

Reactions: n2g

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,652 Posts
Generally speaking wouldn't it make sense that if you have a carry permit that you would own firearms?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts