close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Purchase

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by brawnless, Jan 29, 2005.

1. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

just got my glock a few days ago. gun case, gun, 2 mags, cleaning rod, sight adjuster, manual, reloader. it also has too much oil in it - leaks out between the slide/frame, trigger, barrel/ejector port. Plus an oil patch inside the gun case.

should there be a gun lock included? why is there excessive oil? - just curious :)

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

there are recent versions/model of glocks where it has a lock on the receiver as well as the guncase (two different keys) but i have yet to see one here that is included in normal purchase. the gun case with lock is available at final option mcs for about 1.5k+ iirc

weird about the excess oil, did you get it bnew?

3. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

brand new glock 17 from the store. i'm also wondering about the excess oil. checking the feed ramp, there also seems to be a "copper" stain at the 6:00 position. got to strip the pistol first to verify. (after i buy some lube, degreaser, etc.) there was also something that looks like a small shaved metal that i wiped away from the slide.

i'm aware that pistols go through ballistic testing first before being sold. but still, some doubts linger until it is detail stripped and inspected. :)

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

copper stain is most likely factory lube that would fade out in continued use

5. vega

vega

Like 9MX said, that copper stain is the factory lube. Don't wipe it off. Some newbies thought that their brand new glock are rusting already. That oil patch must be something new from the factory. Unless someone played with it first before handing it over to you.

vega

6. vega

vega

And congrats on your new toy.

vega

7. dinggaling

dinggaling APO Traveler

you have a perfectly brand new gun just enjoy shooting it at the range!!![/SI ZE] ;)

8. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal

Just got my "brand new" Mossberg 590. I wish it did have excessive oil, there are areas on the heat shield, the barrel, and the magazine tube that have started to rust. No manual, box, or anything else with it, just the gun. Got this from Magnificent World on Aurora Blvd. It just demonstrates the "limitations" we Filipino law abiding gun enthusiasts have to live with. "Brand new" guns are stocked in the National police headquarters (Camp Crame) for God knows how long until somebedy buys them and a purchaser cannot get to inspect the actual unit you are going to get before the license is already processed and you pick up your weapon (with apparently some exceptions, as I saw in another thread here. Sigh. Guess its less of a problem for Glocks and the like, even if you store those things for years in a dark damp bodega, the Tennifer finish and the polymer frame ensures you get it just like new.
    Oh well, just as was mentioned in another thread, at least Filipinos can still legally POSSESS firearms in their homes, in other Asian countries, even that's illegal. The hate riots against the chinese in Indonesia, their homes being looted, women raped in their own rooms, comes to mind. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even gun possession is illegal there. I wonder if this would've happened if people could own firearms to at least defend their own homes?

9. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

oil patch - excess oil that leaked from the slide of the gun to the foam.

guess too much oil is better than too little.

do people own guns in singapore? i would not mind NOT having a gun... provided of course the bg does not have one too. :) there would be other ways to gain home court advantage against intruders. from alarms to dogs to sticks, rocks, nail, teeth ;f

10. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

The May 1991 Indonesian riots is one place and date where firearms would've been weighed in gold. The possibility of riots on that scale happening in urban areas in Manila is remote and among the factors preventing this is a good number of its citizenry are armed. Riots aren't much fun if a 12 gauge shotgun in the house you're about to enter can splatter your noggin contents all over the garage.