close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun prizes

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DrKyle, Jun 14, 2007.

1. DrKyle

DrKyle

Hi guys & gals... I was wondering what the current turn-a-round time is for gun prizes? I sent my paperwork & CC# end of Feb beginning of March... they charged my CC (for the upgrade to a 34) on April 24th... June 13th... no gun. Any experiences?

2. Ghost361

Ghost361

I was told they were roughly 90,000 units behind so it may take a little while. If your cc was charged then the order has been placed and should not be too much longer.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

in part depends on what you wanted. some they have on the shelf and some they have to make.

4. sigfan2340

sigfan2340

I considered ordering a 34 when I won mine, I was told atleast 12 weeks after payment was processed. Hold in there, a free Glock is worth the wait!!!

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

There is never any way to tell.

I understand that Glock does not make a production run of any particular model in numbers less than 500.

They do NOT build inventories on purpose. They pretty much build according to the orders they are getting.

They decide what models to produce based on the orders they have in hand for a given model. The more popular the model, the more often they manufacture a run of them and therefore the faster you would be likely to receive that model. The less demand for a given model, the less often they produce it and the longer it might take to get one.

If you order something in less demand, you MIGHT get lucky in that they last produced 500 of it at a time when they had, say, orders for 400 of them and therefore they just happen to have 100 of them still on the shelf.

But you cannot count on it.

It might just be the case that your order was #501 when they decide to run 500 of them, and THEN you will have to wait for whenever the next production run will happen.

You just never know.

;)

6. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

I ordered a G17 w/adjustable sight. My cc was charged on 1/11/07. I was told this past Monday that it would be another 4 weeks. Luckily, they had an OD G17 available and I received that Tuesday. So, I had a five month wait after my cc was hit and if I hadn't lucked out on the OD one, it would have been six months. Hang in there. And yes, I was told that they were running 90,000 units behind.

7. Justin1911

Justin1911

Sent in my pistol cert. 6 weeks ago and received my 17 today. Although I hear this is the easiest model to get quickly since it's one of, if not the most popular model.

8. DrKyle

DrKyle

Justin - congrats! Glad to hear that you got yours... it is 6/28... they have processed my order... charged my CC... have my money... no gun...

I called today to check status since they have my money... had to leave a message.

9. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Congrats and Hang in there! :) They must be having "catastrophic success" in the business sense; there are still Stocking Dealers that haven't received stuff that was ordered following the SHOT show.

It would be nice if you could trade your cert directly to a Stocking Dealer for the one you want in stock, or that they could get for you from one of their distributors that already has product in the pipeline (and the dealer could wait to get paid). Unfortunately sometimes what the cert is worth isn't what the dealer has into the gun or would charge based on locale.

On the bright side, hey! You're waiting for a gun! :supergrin:

:patriot:

10. sigfan2340

sigfan2340

Sent in my cert. on May 22nd and received my Glock 19 yesterday, just over 5 weeks. Now that makes 3 Glocks. I need at least 2 more........

11. DrKyle

DrKyle

OK, now that just wasn't nice...

12. NASR 1

NASR 1

I might be able to top that. Ed E (ede) is the GLOCK certificate winner of the New Albany Shooting Ranges 1st '07 GSSF-IM series. Congratulations to Ed.

13. DrKyle

DrKyle

was referring to the time frame of turn around for receiving the gun... his one month to my over 3!

14. DrKyle

DrKyle

WOW my G34 finally came in on Thursday! 4 month turn-a-round... man they are behind in production!