close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Podcasts

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FillYerHands, Mar 12, 2010.

1. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

Can anyone recommend some good gun podcasts? I have a fairly long commute and local radio, even satellite radio, gets boring after a while.

Thanks all.

2. FillYerHands

3. StoneDog

StoneDog

Tom Gresham's GunTalk radio show for starters. I've listened to a bunch of different pod casts but his is the only one that I download w/o fail. It is a nice balance of politics (good ammo against the anti's), firearms info and special guests. I highly recommend it.

NSSF has a good one called "Insights" (bad pun if you ask me), but they are just short little 1 or 2 minute blurbs.

Also, there is a Cam & Company NRA radio podcast and and accompanying NRA News that isn't too bad.

The Guntalk podcast is weekly and it makes my Monday and Tuesday commute bearable. The others I mentioned are daily.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  4. FillYerHands

Thanks. Truth be told, I already listen to GunTalk. You are right, I-285 would be alot worse without Tom Gresham.

I also listen to Micheal Bane. He has a weekly podcast on Downrange.tv that comes out on Tuesday late at night. Bane is in Colorado.

I've tried a couple of others but nothing that grabs me. This morning I tried listening to a well known practical pistol shooter who does a lot of training, and he had another very well known pistol champion as his guest, but it was like he just recorded their phone call. I don't mind the occasional profanity but almost every sentence referred to their guns having sex. After Tom Gresham it got to be annoying.

I also like Cam Edwards if I am out after 9 at night, I have Sirius radio and I listen live. If I'm home I don't usually have time to listen.

5. StoneDog

StoneDog

There is a big difference between a professionally produced radio show and most amateur podcasts.

I don't have to deal with 285 (or 85) anymore but Peachtree Industrial is a real mess most days. For a while XM made things more bearable but I've dropped the service. Now i usually listen to Dave Ramsey's podcast (personal financial stuff, not firearm related). Failing that I can stream Pandora on my BlackBerry!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  6. FillYerHands

7. addict

addict

The Gun Dudes and Handgun Podcast are two of my favorites on the Gun Rights Radio Network. They are all worth a listen. New one, The personal armament podcast is pretty good too.
    Addict

8. Ananael

Ananael

9. flyinrob

flyinrob

Glad to see the Personal Armament Podcast mentioned. Thanks guys. Also, check out the podcasts listed on the links page:

http://personalarmament.blogspot.com/p/links.html

Some not already mentioned include:

The Shooting Bench -Cope Reynolds
    The Urban Shooter Podcast - Kenn Blanchard

(Links are on the page above)