close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Intro

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Allegra, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Allegra

Allegra

Guys, I've been asked to give an intro to firearms sa mga Boy Scouts who are having a Jamboree next week. Napasubo ata ako :)
    Any ideas on what to lecture and how to make it interesting para ma-erase din ang misconceptions about us shooters? Thanks

2. paltic

paltic

pwede siguro simulan about sports....olympic,asean, phils. place in ipsc medal,

then 4 rules of gun safety... basic marksmanship....then thats it...wag muna yung mga grandmaster tips na nakukuha natin kay eye cutter:cool: panga-advance na kasi yun...

much better kung may dala kang air rifle sa class:)

3. Allegra

Allegra

Shooting sports? yikes, it's 4 days away and i'm still down with the flu
    dpat pala kumuha ako ng taga PPSA
    Bsic marksmanship - check
    4 rules of gunsafety- ano nga ba yun? Just to be sure hindi ako magkamali

Yup- bringin an air rifle
    Plus I'm thinkin of a Q & A session, I'm sure these kids have lots of questions to ask

4. paltic

paltic

yes be ready with that answer;P .....malamang marami ang magtatanong re: weapons of Counter Strike (games)...tactics,grenades,flashbang,sniper rifles:soap: :soap: ;z ;z

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

You can use what NRA's Eddie Eagle tells young kids:

If you see a gun:
    STOP!
    Don't Touch.
    Leave the Area.
    Tell an Adult.

6. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Be sure to shoot down (no pun intended) stupid gunhandling "skills" as seen in the movies, some of which are: slamming the cylinder revolver with a flick of the wrist, spinning the gun ala cowboy using the trigger finger inside a trigger guard (hope no one tries this with a loaded Glock), teacup grasps (Pierce Brosnan's), aiming at the sky kind of ready position, two-handed shooting ala Lara Croft, etc.

Good luck man. Be sure to tell us how it went. Merry Christmas!

7. Allegra

Allegra

Be sure to shoot down (no pun intended) stupid gunhandling "skills" as seen in the movies, some of which are: slamming the cylinder revolver with a flick of the wrist, spinning the gun ala cowboy using the trigger finger inside a trigger guard (hope no one tries this with a loaded Glock......

hahaha ako yata ang first dapat matuto nyan
    Thanks pre

Batangueno- good one pards, thanks!

Merry Christmas mga Bro!!

8. bulm540

bulm540

Ditto on this one, I have a video of Eddie Eagle, wish I had a way of sending it to you.

9. Allegra

Allegra

We had a great three days teaching the boy scouts ( around 3000 kids )gunsafety and marksmanship at the National jamboree here

Instructors were me and another ex-ipscer and an IROA, and assisted by some troopers from the PNP SAF
    I am gettin old , coz I actually enjoyed workin with kids
    Their eyes light up basta tungkol sa firearms especially when we brought out the race guns and baby a.
    IROA Noriel taght gunsafety, phil laws re:firearms, and basic marksmanship
    And I on the live fire demos and airgun shooting sessions
    I made an early blooper when during the 1st livefire demo, I did an el pres and managed to hit everything except the targets :) My buddy quickly managed a lame, " pero kung tao yan, patay na din yan" hahahaha
    After that, I left the shooting to the SAF sargeant who made 5shot 1-hole groups from 10m, everytime ( malufet! )
    I met boys scouts and err..semi-boy scouts :) ( and 1 hot lookin mommy scout! ) from all over the country ( cotabato to batanes )

Lots of funny moments especially one group of kids whom I asked if they have ever fired a real gun before. Everyone raised their hands.
    My doubt was erased when they told me they were from Danao :)
    Getting a volunteer so I could intro to the Eddie Eagle stuff, I asked him what he would do if he comes home alone 1 day and finds a firearm in the house
    His answer: Ser, ibibinta ko po
    Bwahahaha
    Too bad there wasnt enough time for all the kids to fire the airguns
    All we had was 6 guns for 3ooo kids, we had a lot of disapointed kids

Now , I have requests from the UP police, local police for instruction na rin ( nah, I'm goin biking muna )
    Plus, one of the Jamboree organizers talked to me about scouts getting marksmanship merit badges from the PPSA. Whats PPSA? :)

Oh , well gotta run. Sarge and the others SAF boys are meeting me for beer at the local watering hole. IPakilala namin sa mga UP studes :)

10. jjserv

jjserv

Sent you pm... Thanks.

11. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Great story, Allegra. Keep up the good work!

Alexii,

The teacup hold works as long as you're wearing a three piece suit and an Omega wristwatch :)

12. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Cheers to you Allegra for teaching our kids the right things :) Those SAF (Sweet And Friendly) troopers are indeed at the top of their games. I have a SAF cousin who chased down 4 holduppers in the Sta.cruz area of Manila and killed 3 of them but he got shot in the knees and is now on full recovery at the Manila Doctors Hospital.

13. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

What?! No more need for Aston Martins and shaken-not-stirred Martinis? But I draw the line at semi naked Bond girls...;f