Gun Grab on TV

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Fire1, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Fire1

Fire1

First off, I will admit to occasionally watching trash TV. I like to have the back ground noise while I'm working or on the computer.

This particular show has "detectives" that try to catch a cheating spouse. They set up a meeting and guy shows up OC'ing. Of course everyone freaks out a little bit for the benifit of the cameras. After the meeting they decide that they are going to confront the guy when he comes home while he is still carrying...gotta get those ratings up. I will say this for the guy, in the ensuing chaos not once did I see him place his hand on his gun. He and his girlfriend were yelling at each other but nothing physical occurred.

At this time the guy who is on the mainly female team states that he "knew he had to get that pistol". He gets in position and makes the grab, and succeeds in getting the pistol which appeared to be a S&W Sigma. The ease at which he removed the pistol was surprising as there was really no retention.

It just really got me thinking about how stupid people are. How can you possibly think that taking a gun from someone is a good idea. If you were to grab my firearm like that I would do what I was trained to do with weapon retention....and once I had spun you off my hip I would draw. Putting something like this on TV will only encourage people to try for a gun grab and more than likely getting shot, if the person carrying has any situational awareness or weapon retention training.

What does everyone think? If you want to see the video it's located here:
    http://www.foxreality.com/sexdecoy/watch.php
    The episode is web wanderer and the incident occurs in the 19:00 minute.

One thing I don't want this to turn into is criticizing Open Carrying. I don't OC but I highly respect those that do and will support any legislation that furthers that agenda. The man in the video should have had more situational awareness and a better holster is about as far as that should go.

2. hatidua

hatidua

What other kind is there?

3. TapRackBang73

TapRackBang73 Packin Preacher

They could have easily made bad go to worse. Im not sure it wasnt a set up scripted thing though. If it was not a scripted event and all that was real, then that guy does not need to be carrying a weapon and he needs a better holster...and a better belt...and a lot more training

(and a better gun shhhh):whistling:

4. Fire1

Fire1

I'm pretty sure that it's real. The host on the show Cheaters was in the news for getting stabbed on one of the filmings.

5. PH-Wolf

PH-Wolf

"Trash TV" is right WTF.

6. Puppy

Puppy

The retard is really really lucky, he could have easily earned himself a trip to the morgue.

7. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

The retard in question should be facing criminal charges as he would have no authority to disarm someone in their own home.

8. RCP

RCP

Exactly, IMO it would have been time to transition to the 870 kept behind the door :supergrin:

9. Puppy

Puppy

Agreed, and if I was on his jury, I'd vote to convict him in a heart beat on a robbery charge.