Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a broken striker on my Gen 2 G22. Will Glock replace it at a GSSF match?

·
20,438 Posts
Factory Armorers are only at outdoor matches. They will replace any worn or broken factory parts at no cost to you. This service is not available at any indoor match.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ive always wondered what the extent of their services are at the match. I mean I understand they can’t fix damaged frames or barrels, but less than that, what can’t they do?
Maybe Pharoh, or DEJ can weigh in on this one. Of course, Coach as well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ive always wondered what the extent of their services are at the match. I mean I understand they can’t fix damaged frames or barrels, but less than that, what can’t they do?
What Danny said above: replace worn or broken parts. They'll also replace older parts with updated ones, regardless of their condition. Beyond that, what else can you do to a Glock? What they won't do is install any aftermarket parts:laughing:although they might install a set of sights if you bring them with you. Haven't ever seen that myself but I guess it's possible.

·
Crusty Member
10,956 Posts
Their services are also limited by the supplies they’re given. AFAIK, GSSF brings an armorer’s supply kit to each match. When that’s exhausted, no new parts for you. Last match I went to, I got a few mags rebuilt (new springs and followers). I was told I got the last of his G19 springs. I thin the same match, I asked about getting the updated connector for my 42 and 43. No dice. They didn’t have any in the kit.

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,829 Posts
I had been having issues with light strikes in my G42 a couple years ago, and took it to the armorer before I was to shoot Pocket Glock. He did some cleaning and I convinced him to put in a new striker spring, I went on to win Amateur level in that match and the next two I attended. That was before the good shooters decided to buy G42's.

·
Crusty Member
10,956 Posts
I had been having issues with light strikes in my G42 a couple years ago, and took it to the armorer before I was to shoot Pocket Glock. He did some cleaning and I convinced him to put in a new striker spring, I went on to win Amateur level in that match and the next two I attended. That was before the good shooters decided to buy G42's.
Before they decided to, or before they could find one? I burned a pistol cert on a G42 to get one when there were none to be gotten. Still don't shoot it very well, but it makes a decent pocket gun, and if used defensively, the target should be real close. It's funny...I remember when it came out, people complained the G42 was so big compared to other pocket .380s. I find it's too small...the grip is so much smaller than "normal" Glocks, that I have a very hard time keeping my thumb from hitting the slide stop.

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,829 Posts
Before they decided to, or before they could find one? I burned a pistol cert on a G42 to get one when there were none to be gotten. Still don't shoot it very well, but it makes a decent pocket gun, and if used defensively, the target should be real close. It's funny...I remember when it came out, people complained the G42 was so big compared to other pocket .380s. I find it's too small...the grip is so much smaller than "normal" Glocks, that I have a very hard time keeping my thumb from hitting the slide stop.
I have relatively small hands and the 42 fits me like a glove. I had gotten it in fall 2014 (I think) and shot @ Fulton in 2015 & 2016 and Pine City in 2015. My winning scores were something like 115, 98 and 89. Now people are winning in the 30's.

But I just LIKE the darned little thing!

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,194 Posts
They can not fix the frame, barrel, slide other than the removable parts on the slide, and mag shell. They can replace all other parts if they have the parts with them or if they ran out. If it is a part that they cannot fix they will give you their card and write on the back what is wrong with whatever part and you send the card and part to Glock.
I’m not Dan or Pete but I travel with them. And I for the past 17 or so years shoot 7-10 or more GSSF matches a year.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
When I handed the armorer my 42 at last years tucson match he put the in the upgraded parts which included everything in the frame except the locking block and mag catch and a new recoil spring. Gun has been flawless since. This service alone is worth the gssf membership and attendance! I was close to selling the gun because of function problems and now am
Glad I did not

1 - 15 of 15 Posts