Gun debate going in Indystar...again

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by IPDBrad, Sep 7, 2007.

1. IPDBrad

IPDBrad Guest

The talk back on this one is a tad active.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070907/OPINION01/709070326/1031/OPINION01

IndyStar.com Opinion Letters to the editor

September 7, 2007

We should draw line at assault weapons

Regardless of what one thinks of gun control and the freedom Americans have to buy as many guns as they can amass in their lifetime and even to sell them for a profit to gang members, it seems to me that anyone with a fair amount of objective reasoning would realize that there is no need for any American in this age of terrorism and high crime to own an assault weapon such as the AK-47.

Some of those guns can bring down an airplane, and a mentally ill man used one to massacre fellow students at Virginia Tech. So why would Congress and the president refuse to extend the ban on such weapons? Could it be that National Rifle Association votes are more important than protecting Americans?
    Yes, the Constitution says Americans have the right to bear arms, but it was written back when muskets were Americans' prime choice of weapons. Today, thanks to politicians and NRA lobbyists, we can continue to look for automatic weapons to be easily accessible to gangs, terrorists and mentally ill people who "fall through the cracks" in our gun-happy society.
    Herm Albright

2. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

Wow.. this guy is *REALLY* misinformed... :upeyes:

3. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Guest

No, this "Herm" is actually one of you guys making the antis look like fools.

No way anyone is this misinformed and moronic.

4. epsylum

epsylum Guest

:animlol:

WOW! Just wow. It is like someone ground up every Brady campaign newsletter and just pasted random words and phrases on a piece of paper. It is soooo wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Glock 17 and Walther P22 = "assualt weapon" (which ALWAYS = AK47 in the anti's minds BTW). :upeyes:

I am surprised there wasn't any charges of racism or comparisons to Nazis. I mean that would just have been the icing on the cake.

BTW

I think I wanna :puking: now.

5. cougar_guy04

cougar_guy04 Guest

One of my friends tossed the that in front of me before class this morning and said, "Here, you'll get a kick out of this."

Which was followed up by, "Hey, when is the gun club's first shoot for the year?" :animlol:

6. hiram2005p0

hiram2005p0

WHOA, your addition is off! Glock 19 and P22= assault weapon. Not a 17! Just funnin' with ya!:supergrin: :wavey:

7. mpholic

mpholic

The REAL problem is no matter how screwed up that statement is people beleive it.

It's a constant struggle for me when coworkers, friends or family members bring stuff like this to me and say "What do you think about this?". I have to spend the next half hour correcting all the errors and explaining the truth to them. I feel like only half the people belive half of what I tell them too.:brickwall:

8. epsylum

epsylum Guest

Yeah all those black guns look alike anyways.

Oh crap am I gun racist now? :supergrin:

9. RF7126

RF7126

It's exhausting and trying isn't it? I still go to campus twice a week and I have this happen all the time, even (perhaps more) with professors.