GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
We need to start playing the long game and educate new gun owners from all different groups of current non shooters.

Slowly introduce stories/videos of good guys using guns for self defense.

This is part of the ongoing culture war. Be part of the solution.

Repeating cliches and bad jokes about boating accidents does nothing...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Guns are scary....what’s a gun??... id never own one of those death machines..... I’ve already got my answers planned lol!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Guns scare me. As such I often ponder crafty and less loud ways to defend myself.

You want to really make someone think twice about messing with you? Go get a giant purple dildo, name it Thanos. It'll instantly make half the people who see it disappear.....lol.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I worry about gun confiscation but I really, really worry about when the Feds confiscate 1/3+ of my 401K. With the rising debt and fiat $$ buy gold and silver. Although, during the last dip ammo prices seemed to hold up better than bullion.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
What is there are records that show that you do in fact own guns ? What then ?
The state of tennessee doesn’t “register” guns to individuals, the serial number is logged into TICS as stolen or not stolen.... no name of the owner, and the form 4473 is only kept on file at the gun shop for 6 months I believe.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
FFL, When ever we purchase a firearm it goes through your FFL, They have your home address, a copy of your ID and the serial number of the gun or parts.
1) A record of purchasing a firearm doesn't equate to being a record that shows you own guns, unless the gun in question is an NFA weapon.

2) Whenever we purchase a firearm through an FFL it is recorded in the FFL's Acquisition & Disposition Record, but not all firearm purchases are made from FFL's.

3) Gun parts aren't controlled items under the GCA and subject to the recordkeeping requirements of CFR
§478.121. Firearm receivers are.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The state of tennessee doesn’t “register” guns to individuals, the serial number is logged into TICS as stolen or not stolen.... no name of the owner, and the form 4473 is only kept on file at the gun shop for 6 months I believe.
its true the 4473 is kept on file at the FFL but its for 20 years, NOT 6 months. if the FFL closes down, all 4473 forms are sent to the BATFE for storage.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
its true the 4473 is kept on file at the FFL but its for 20 years, NOT 6 months. if the FFL closes down, all 4473 forms are sent to the BATFE for storage.
That's incorrect. An FFL is required to preserve his A&D records for at least 20 years after surrendering his license, but he may opt to turn in his records to the ATF instead.

·
Scottish Member
11,421 Posts
Tell her to do what she does best** + "off"

**At least according to Willie Brown.

·
JAFO
4,399 Posts
If you are going to pretend you lost your guns when tyrants come for them, just turn them in. You’ll never use them for their intended purpose anyway.
From what I gather, about half the people I know don't get ^^THIS^^. They think 'Crazy Old Uncle Joe' will let us keep our shotguns and a revolver of two so we can hunt. They also think the Second Amendment is about hunting in the first place.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts

1) A record of purchasing a firearm doesn't equate to being a record that shows you own guns, unless the gun in question is an NFA weapon.

2) Whenever we purchase a firearm through an FFL it is recorded in the FFL's Acquisition & Disposition Record, but not all firearm purchases are made from FFL's.

3) Gun parts aren't controlled items under the GCA and subject to the recordkeeping requirements of CFR
§478.121. Firearm receivers are.
If you bought a gun from a dealer there is a record of you buying it. That record is proof of ownership unless you provide proof you no longer own it. It’s how that shuts how works in banana republics or communist utopias. I’ve lived the communist part. You own it unless you can prove it otherwise. Even then if they have a hard on for you, you’re SOL.

All guns purchased through a dealer are documented as purchased by you. You sell it to a fried and they sell it again... On paper you’re the only buyer, hence the owner. See how stuff works in banana republics or Communist utopias above.

If we have degenerated enough to start with the confiscation routine and LEO aren’t arresting those issuing such orders (don’t hold your breath on that one) you’re going to be screwed if you can’t account for one of your guns.

·
3,009 Posts
If Kamala came to my door, I'd throw a mattress on the ground and watch her drop and flop around on it.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts