GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Door to door confiscation is not necessary. Our New Masters can just declare whatever guns, magazines, bullets, bayonets, etc. that offend their sensibilities to be contraband.

So what will you DO with your Bad Clips? You can't hunt, compete, or plink with them. If you use one in self defense, you will suddenly become the criminal. Save them for The Good Guys Peaceful Protests? Profiteer on the black market that is sure to arise? Great, until you run into the equally inevitable government sting operation. I was surprised at what was gotten away with during AWB 94 in the "magazine repair parts" game with no prosecution.

·
Registered
16,164 Posts
It's pretty simple really.

You make the ownership of these guns and magazines a felony and provide a date by which they need to be turned in.

People who do NOT turn them in by that date, are charged with a felony WHEN THEY OTHERWISE INTERACT WITH THE POLICE.

No one is coming door to door. The felony charges will be brought when you are stopped for a traffic violation and the records show that you have purchased a "banned" weapon and there is no record of you turning it in.

There will be no door to door seizure. That's not how this stuff works.

They will create a million felons overnight, and one by one we will be charged when and if there is any other reason to search our records.

Your CCW permit? Never mind that. Renewal will require registration of that weapon and of course any weapon that is in violation makes you a felon...

·
Señor Member
8,965 Posts
I think we just got into the s-l-o-w period. Double post because of lag time.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Trump will travel into the past and solve all the country's problems when they are just starting out. We will live forever with the weapons we choose in a Trumpian Paradise!

·
I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
831 Posts
You don't have to ban guns. You just have to strangle the supply of ammunition to the consumer market through onerous regulations. Practically nobody is going to declare a personal war over ammunition supply. Time will take care of the rest.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Our pro 2A sheriff sez we'll be a sanctuary county... as other sheriffs in Arizona say. :)

Reactions: kwo and ShipWreck

·
Registered
322 Posts
You don't have to ban guns. You just have to strangle the supply of ammunition to the consumer market through onerous regulations. Practically nobody is going to declare a personal war over ammunition supply. Time will take care of the rest.
I was reading about Brazil's gun laws. Apparently they could only buy 50 rounds FOR THE YEAR, and when you can buy them, they come in packs of 10. It's a wonder why criminals overrun that country.

·
I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
831 Posts
I was reading about Brazil's gun laws. Apparently they could only buy 50 rounds FOR THE YEAR, and when you can buy them, they come in packs of 10. It's a wonder why criminals overrun that country.
Damn, that's bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
She’s going to waste a lot of time doing house checks. She may want to spend some time trying to be president instead.
Truth be told, she couldn’t even be nothing but a half-a—ed shoe shine boy. Please I don’t mean to insult or disparage real shoe shine boys I would always give them a $ 5.00 tip, $ 10.00 if I was working steady!!! Jackalope 3 ///

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
What are you going to do when the Kamala comes to take your guns away when she becomes our next President.
I dont answer the door if I dont know who it is.

Hopefully a national and state militia will form and we can fight a fair fight and it is not just each individual.

If there was a god I'd pray for the USA to break into 2, but no god and little chance of that. Have you ever heard of any politician talking about a breakup ?

Eventually America will be run by dems perpetually. They are too strong for the law abiding reps. Then the dems will disarm the reps by any and all means...and there are numerous means.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Stupid goes as stupid is, by 2022 we will be another Brazil, unless we put a no limit Hunting Season on Demoncrats !!!!!
No, I think Brazil allows guns. Dems will not even allow that.

Door to door confiscation is not necessary. Our New Masters can just declare whatever guns, magazines, bullets, bayonets, etc. that offend their sensibilities to be contraband.

So what will you DO with your Bad Clips? You can't hunt, compete, or plink with them. If you use one in self defense, you will suddenly become the criminal. Save them for The Good Guys Peaceful Protests? Profiteer on the black market that is sure to arise? Great, until you run into the equally inevitable government sting operation. I was surprised at what was gotten away with during AWB 94 in the "magazine repair parts" game with no prosecution.
Per your foresight, a dem in TX has already proposed legislation to make it illegal to use a gun for self defense at your home. You must retreat or fight them off without a gun.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts