Glock Talk banner

Gun Confiscation Threads

569 Views 34 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  PuroMexicano
Bear with me here....I realize that it is extremely unlikely that we will wake up one day and Obama has issued an executive order that all guns must be collected, in fact, I understand that it's next to impossible....

For the sake of discussion: How would YOU react as a fellow LEO if the order was given to go door to door and collect all firearms?

Personally, I must consider my kids welfare first, but at some level I'm going to have serious objections to it.....I'm probably going to lose my job.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Khem-Adam
2,495 Posts
I won't do it. Period. No if, and, or but about it. If my job told me to do it or walk, well a song by Todd Snider comes to mind: "I was looking for a job when I found this one, I don't need the work like you need the work done, you look like you're under pressure,
I was looking for a job when I met you".

· Registered
10,597 Posts
I agree. It least it would be damn close to it.

Hypothetically speaking.....I would tell my bosses the truth, "Sir, I just couldn't find any weapons."

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
With the majority of Depts in this country understaffed and looking at even MORE budget cuts, while they are already unable to keep up with call volume. who would have time to go confiscate guns anyway?

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Our property room still has guns that were seized in the '80s. What the hell would they do if we started bringing in 50-100 guns per shift?

Playing the mental ************ game, there is no way in hell I'd do it. I'd offer my supervisors a choice, either assign me to good old fashioned police work, or fire me for refusing to violate the constitution.

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,054 Posts
I would only seize guns from old ladies after thumping them.

· Enforcerator.
11,292 Posts
4949shooter;11620015 said:

Hypothetically speaking.....I would tell my bosses the truth, "Sir, I just couldn't find any weapons."
+1. I don't think these guys who worry about us mindlessly following orders realize how much we lie to our bosses already. :supergrin:

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Oh yeah, like when admin tells you their latest harebrained scheme they want you to do. And you look at them and say, "Sure thing boss, get right on it." and walk away and forget about it.

:rofl::rofl:

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,054 Posts
<------runs his "kingdom" as he sees fit. :strong:

· Zippy's Friend.
6,467 Posts
TheeBadOne;11621713 said:
I would only seize guns from old ladies after thumping them.
Dragoon44;11621860 said:
I was hoping that vieo of me kicking my mother-in-law wouldn't get out. :supergrin:

Let's see . . . . . . I think we have something like 50,000 people in our town, and I bet almost all of them have a gun of some sort. With 80 cops . . . . . . . let's see . . . . . . . carry the three . . . . . . yeah. No ****ing way. We're a bit outnumbered. No thanks. I'll go work somewhere else.

Nobody is really dumb enough to say "go out and collect all the guns".

· IWannaBeSedated
11,306 Posts
How would the po-po find all these guns? We don't register guns in Illinois so LEOs would have to go to every gunshop in the state looking for ATF forms to see who owns what.

I've been assured by the proprietors of the various local gunshops that should such an issue present itself, the fire would have wiped out their records long before big brother showed up :rofl:

· Enforcerator.
11,292 Posts
volsbear;11623152 said:
How would the po-po find all these guns? We don't register guns in Illinois so LEOs would have to go to every gunshop in the state looking for ATF forms to see who owns what.

I've been assured by the proprietors of the various local gunshops that should such an issue present itself, the fire would have wiped out their records long before big brother showed up :rofl:
Right. It's like being told to go out and seize all the illegal drugs. You kind of have to know where they are first.

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
Go get guns. Uh, tell you what I have over six hundred hours of sick leave, and I would be sick bloody quick. But, I work in a prison, so I ain't hopefully going to be faced with it. And, don't show up at my door wanting a gun. (I guess I better get a supply of water pistols handy for the rooks, and trick or treaters).

· Registered
437 Posts
Well, I usually stay away from these hypothetical situations. but I'm in a cranky mood today.

1- It would damn near have to violate at some point the 4th amendment.
2- I would say from the cops I know well over 50% are gun people and pro-2nd amend.
3- We just had Heller which reaffirmed individual rights of self defense.
4- Some cops would follow orders:those with many years service not wanting to risk retirement, those who are not gun people, those who are politically anti-gun.
5-Federal regs would have to be changed to allow for registry.
6- I just don't see all of it happening and coming together for a confiscation.

· NRA Life Member
338 Posts
I took the oath to UPHOLD the constitution....Not use it to wipe my feet on. I am really pissed we lost. :upeyes:

· Banned
12,230 Posts
4949shooter;11620015 said:

Considering you're in NJ, that's not an inconceivable statement :whistling:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts