Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a friend who uses a lube called Gun Butter. I've herd good things about it, but its EXPENSIVE! Just wondering if anyone had experience with it and is it worth it. It would be used on a Glock 19 Gen4 that I just ordered and should arrive in a few days. I know some guys say Glocks don't need lube, but I like my firearms in prestine condition.

Thanks for your input!

Crosman909

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
use weapon shield,try it you'll love it

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,521 Posts
Never heard of "Gun Butter".

I got a container of "Bore Butter" with a blackpowder rifle, a couple of years ago.
It works well. No rust in the bore, sofar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been using it for several months. A small bottle goes for quite a while as I'm still on my first and regularly use it on 5 guns. What I appreciate about is that it stays with the gun (not in a gooie sense though). When I was using regular oil, I was required to re-oil every week as the oil would leech out. With Gun Butter I can go two or three weeks and it is still hanging in there. I'm sure there are other products as good, but I'm sold on Gun Butter now.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have a couple bottles of it. I have found it to be an excellent lube, it works exactly as advertised. But when I have used it up I will just be refilling the bottles with synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid, which also works exceeding well but costs MUCH less.

For those not familiar with the product:
http://www.gunbutter.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks guys. I'll give it a try. I also might try out the suggested weapon shield. I guess it doesn't hurt to try out some different ones and see which I like best.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
These miracle "gun lubes" are no more than than repackaged lubes common in the automotive industry. What color is "Gun butter"? My guess is that its Lubriplate.

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
I use it. Works great. You only use a little at a time. So while it's expensive, it lasts for quite some time. I still have the original small bottle that I bought and I shoot matches almost every week.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
These miracle "gun lubes" are no more than than repackaged lubes common in the automotive industry. What color is "Gun butter"? My guess is that its Lubriplate.
Nope...ATF Red.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I think Mobil 1 synthethic wheel bearing grease does the same thing. It is red and costs $8 or $9.00 for a 1 lb. can at Pep Boys. I apply very small amounts with a cheapo water color type paint brush to the rails, connector and other lube points of Glocks and other guns.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Nope...ATF Red.
Yea, so it's red lithium based. The base lubes will usually be moly or lithium(red or white)based. I cut Mobil1 red grease with ATF4, since they're both synthetic. It's the best stuff Ive ever used by far. I clean with pure atf though.

·
book em' Danno
1,089 Posts
I also use the Mobile 1 synthetic grease. It's great stuff and a can will last a lifetime. I use it on pistols and rifles.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,521 Posts
I have a couple bottles of it. I have found it to be an excellent lube, it works exactly as advertised. But when I have used it up I will just be refilling the bottles with synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid, which also works exceeding well but costs MUCH less.

For those not familiar with the product:
http://www.gunbutter.com/

Thanks for the link!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts