close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun budget.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Sechott, May 24, 2012.

1. Sechott

Sechott

Just wondering if you set money aside for a gun budget. I do but sometimes it doesn't go towards guns. I had over 500 saved to buy a Leupold mount and scope for my AR,but I used the money to make someone happy today. I will have to start over again but it was worth it.

I was at a furniture store with my mom who is on fixed income to pick up a mattress. While we were there she spots a nice dinning set that was 1300 but was on clearance for 675. She said she wished she could buy it so I offered to buy it for her. After she refused I told her that I would buy some tools that she had, they were left to her from my dad's passing a few years ago. So the deal was made and I couldn't believe how happy it made her to get a new table set. Anyway this is what I got for 675, but more than that, I seen excitement from my mom I haven't seen in years.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Good for you in helping your mom. You wont regret this. You will rebound and save money for your AR project. I have built up my modest collection over a 15 year period a little at a time by putting aside a little money here and there. When my kids hit college age, that was pretty much the end of my gun buying, but i have about all I need and have room for anyway.

3. flynlead

flynlead

Very nice, that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. You can always save up again and yes, I have spent my gun money on other things but have never regretted it

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  4. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

A gun budget is always a tough thing. Non-gun people (AKA, most wives) often see this as a very unnecessary expense.

5. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

like others have said, good job making your mom happy by working a deal for something she liked. She raised a good one.

6. Caver 60

Caver 60

A wonderful gesture on your part. You won't regret it.

My solution to the gun budget is my wife gets the same amount of money for her to spend on anything she wants to spend it on. I buy guns or ammo, she buys things that make her happy.

7. deputy tom

deputy tom

I used to put a little money aside every pay just for guns,bullets,etc. Sometimes I had to use it for other things just as you did. It all works out in the end. You are a good son. Take care of family first. Good kahrma is heading your way. tom.:thumbsup:

8. Sechott

Sechott

Well I didn't get a bad return for my money as far as tool value, but the best part is I haven't seen my mom that excited in years. My dad was a professional mechanic and left my mom with well over 40k retail in tools. I tell her she should sell a few of them when she is short on money, maybe she will start now.