Gun Broker. Ever Buy Through Them??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by FullClip, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Yes

112 vote(s)
    83.6%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

Bought and sold through gunbroker quite a bit. Always been happy with my purchases. Selling on the other hand, it’s amazing to me that people will purchase a gun without knowing it’s illegal where they live. Has happened three times and it’s a pain

FullClip likes this.
  2. drumgod

drumgod

I used to buy from gun broker fairly often but my local $15-$20 FFLs have all closed up shop. The remaining LGSs want $50-$100 for transfers (to discourage you from buying cheaper elsewhere) so it has to be a really good deal (or local f2f) to make it worth while. I've pretty much stopped even looking.

FullClip likes this.

3. W@rbirds

[email protected]

Same- I think maybe even 1997 or 1998. If you remember it used to be forthehunt.com before the name changed around 1999.

FullClip likes this.
  4. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

Many times. Mostly good. Some surprises.

Three GB purchases ago.............

I had been looking for a stainless Remington 700 in a left handed action but wasn't having much luck. Gunbroker had the occasional LSS but I couldn't seem to snag one.

Then this popped up and had precious little information. The LSS was the laminate stock and this clearly wasn't laminate. It had a buy it now price which was lower than what the LSS LH 700s had been going for. I bought it.

When I got it I couldn't tell it had actually been fired. Nor could I tell exactly what it was. I contacted Remington and they said it was a Remington Mountain Rifle with Kevlar stock, 700 KS manufactured in 2002. I had long wanted a Rem Mountain Rifle but didn't know they made them in left hand. The selling price for the Mountain Rifle was more than I was willing to pay as well. This one was a bargain.

The thing I did not like about it was that the bolt had that Remlock protrusion that was in the way of my thumb. That could get painful, so I replaced it with a Holland Shooter’s Supply bolt shroud assembly.

The action is smooth as butter, but I haven't fired it much. Yet. I took it to the range once (this would have been the latter part of last year) and it functioned flawlessly. I'm sure the seller did not know what he had.

I put a Zeiss scope and a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad on it. I'm tall (6'6" w/37" sleeve length) and the pad adds an inch. Just right.

left cropped.png scope cropped.png

FullClip likes this.
  5. rogn

rogn real dogs

Ive bought two handguns thru them, the more unusual type and both transactions were quick and efficient. The first was perhaps 10-12 years ago and was done without a hitch. The mors recent one required a bank cert check and the USPS took 6 days to go 500 miles with me drooling the whole time. After he got the check-on Saturday of course, so shipping Monday got it here post haste, thank goodness.
    Then of course no fault of GB, the PR of MD kept the gun in quarantine for 7 days.

FullClip likes this.
  6. John_AZ

John_AZ

Just once so far. Found a no lock 638 I had been looking for back East at a store that had taken it in an estate sale. Fair price, quick shipping.

5C69AB30-1E52-4CB4-9DC9-56CAFA7CF3FE.jpeg

FullClip likes this.
  7. Lil

Lil

I've generally had good experiences largely due to my diligence in thoroughly assessing before buying. I've had to squeeze one fraudster. Quality photographs say a lot about a seller and their intent. Blurry, poorly illuminated photos taken from across the room don't cut it. 'Good for its age' means it isn't. Don't want to send better photos? Ciao.

Glockdude1 likes this.
  8. bac1023

bac1023

I use it constantly to buy and sell.

I make a lot of money on there.

Gray Dood and [email protected] like this.
  9. TScottW99

TScottW99 Bird Catcher

I’ve bought several over the years. Some really great deals.

10. GWG19

GWG19

Have bought several over the years with no issues.

11. billorights

billorights

Bought a few and sold a few. Never had a problem. After several handgun sales I decided that is over. Since I am not an 01FFL it costs too much to ship. I do have a C&R so I just look at what qualifies for that.

12. James Dean

James Dean

I never had a problem with Gun Broker. I found an un-fired Sig P229 Triple serial number first year run with the original cardboard box and papers a few years ago there. The spare mag was still wrapped. You can find all kinds of stuff on gun broker.

13. 0311INF

0311INF

Many times. Almost always a good experience. One time out of probably 25 I received an item that wasn't as described.

14. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

I've used GB for 17+ years. Both bought and sold arms. Never a bad experience.

15. gh1138

gh1138 Silver Member

I've bought a few guns on GB. Oddly enough, my most recent purchase was a fiasco. The seller had an A+ rating with over a thousand reviews. I won the auction, immediately paid, and sent FFL info. Didn't hear back and emailed a couple of days later and was informed the gun wasn't in stock but would be in shortly. It was a great price, so I waited.

After another week with no updates, I politely asked the seller to cancel. It took 3 emails and a phone call (all very polite) before the seller agreed to refund my money, took another week for the refund to post to my card (I think that part is normal.), and then the seller filed a non-paying bidder report. Fortunately, I was able to contest it, and GB agreed with me.

So . . . like any auction site, mishaps occur. I always go through all the recent seller reviews. I also google "BBB" and the name and city/state of the seller to check that rating. Not perfect, but at least it's a start.

16. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

gunbroker is great, stick to big sellers and you shouldn't have an issue. I've bought probably 6 or 7 guns and sold 4 or 5 and the worst that's ever happened is one I bought was a little slow in shipping.

I only buy though if the deal is very very good.

17. chuck73080

chuck73080

I'm waiting for a Glock 23 as I type, 1 of a few transactions.

Tommy Gunz and FullClip like this.
  18. chuck73080

chuck73080

I feel lucky, I have two places here that transfer for $10.

drumgod and Walk Soft like this.
  19. Glock40man

Glock40man

I don't have any horror stories to tell. Most transactions are smooth.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

20. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I’ve bought Several guns from GB. No issues except I find myself bidding on too many guns. I post a lot of low bids and every now and then I will win a gun at a great price, which is fine, but even at a great deal some of these guns I don’t need and will sometimes never shoot them.