Gun belt and IWB holster question

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cubbyjg, Mar 29, 2010.

1. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

This is probably a really dumb question, but bear with me, im a noob. So originally i wasnt planning on using an iwb holster because it just wasnt comfortable to me. Well for some odd reason i decided to try an high noon split decision holster since the price wasnt too bad. I am using a size 38 akers b21 belt and i normally use the second hole on the belt when wearing an owb holster. With the high noon, i have to use the first hole on the belt. Is this hole position movement typical or do i need to pull the belt tighter and continue using the second hole?

2. JoshK

JoshK

it's typical because you're now stuffing a holster and gun inside your belt where you didn't before....

pulling the belt tighter could help a bit with concealment, but could also hurt you a bit in the comfort department....

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Is the weapon sagging, uncomfortable, moving around alot, etc.. at the current hole? That would be the only reason I see to cut off blood flow to the brain. :)

IGF

4. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

No it it sitting fine. I guess it just feels and looks odd to use the first hole of the belt.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Well, it will encourage you to not eat any twinkies.. :) An IWB Glock is always gonna add about 1-2in.

IGF

6. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

haha very true

7. ABACABB

ABACABB

Is a new belt an option?

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I think if he's the one I'm thinking of.. He just got it like a week ago.

Trust me, laying off the twinkies is better for you.. :) Even though most makers say not to, I usually add an inch to my belt for IWB...

IGF

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  9. ABACABB

ABACABB

The new twinkies are gross. i don't know what they did to the formula.

10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I bet I haven't had a twinkie in... geez.. At least 5yrs. Maybe longer. I was tempted to buy a fried twinkie at the state fair a few years ago, but ended up getting a fried snicker instead. All I can say is, it's a good thing I can't cook worth a crap, cuz I'd weigh a ton if I knew how to make those... :)

IGF

11. ABACABB

ABACABB

You think you would weigh a ton if you knew how to cook, well I'm at like 360 and I don't know how to those.

12. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

1. OWB holsters are generally more comfortable and just as concealable as IWB, except for larger guns, such as a 5" 1911.

2. The point of a gunbelt is to provide support for a weapon so you don't have to cinch the belt tight. If you want a circulation stopper, any old belt will do.

3. Using the last hole is fine, unless it makes the tongue of the belt stick out.

13. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I carry a 27 with a tuckable IWB at around 4:30, using J-clips; that is, the clips go between my pants and my belt and hook under the belt to prevent pulling the holster out when drawing. I don't have too much difficulty supporting my EDC w/o using the belt. I'd rather use J-clips because it's less evident that there's something there.

14. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

A new belt is not an option right now. Next belt will be a wilderness instructor belt. The belt I have works fine for both iwb and own. Next time I will add an inch for iwb carry. I didn't factor iwb when I bought the Aker.