Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"You don't get what you don't ask for."
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, yes, I'm a girl but I laughed my butt off when I read an article about the P30SK just now, and the guy who wrote it had started out talking about the refined design and how setting your hands on an HK for the first time and feeling the fit and finish has a tendency to result in the thought, 'wow, my significant other is gonna kill me if I bring this home'. He proceeds to talk about spending the better part of an hour playing Gun Barbies with his interchangeable grip pieces. I couldn't stop laughing! Admit it guys, you've found yourself playing Gun Barbies before. Go ahead. Just admit it. ;)

·
A short American.
1,179 Posts
Ok, yes, I'm a girl but I laughed my butt off when I read an article about the P30SK just now, and the guy who wrote it had started out talking about the refined design and how setting your hands on an HK for the first time and feeling the fit and finish has a tendency to result in the thought, 'wow, my significant other is gonna kill me if I bring this home'. He proceeds to talk about spending the better part of an hour playing Gun Barbies with his interchangeable grip pieces. I couldn't stop laughing! Admit it guys, you've found yourself playing Gun Barbies before. Go ahead. Just admit it. ;)[/QUO
p30sk isn't gun Barbie's this is.
IMG_2567.JPG

·
Registered
20,902 Posts
^^^ what he said. That is where it is at

Reactions: janice6

·
Banned
45,580 Posts

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Ok, yes, I'm a girl but I laughed my butt off when I read an article about the P30SK just now, and the guy who wrote it had started out talking about the refined design and how setting your hands on an HK for the first time and feeling the fit and finish has a tendency to result in the thought, 'wow, my significant other is gonna kill me if I bring this home'. He proceeds to talk about spending the better part of an hour playing Gun Barbies with his interchangeable grip pieces. I couldn't stop laughing! Admit it guys, you've found yourself playing Gun Barbies before. Go ahead. Just admit it. ;)
lol maybe 15 minutes. I do like the gun Barbie term, although I'd probably say Gun GI Joe. :cool:

Reactions: Ninjamamaseeta

·
Registered
152 Posts
LOL, they spend an hour juggling grip parts?? I briefly considered trying the other grips on my new-to-me VP9, just for the hell of it, but when I found out it involved the just simple task of punching out a pin, I thought, "meh, not that interested!" :D

·
Grumpy Old Guy
11,769 Posts
The only thing I change is I take off the metal magazine bases of my CZ mags and put on rubber coated ones, same with the grips, I like the feel of rubber grips.

·
Join GSSF!
392 Posts
I'm guilty of this. I have swapped around my FDE and black grips between my VP9 & VP40 just to look cool. I also have done some stuff like change out the firing pin collar to an aluminum one, change out the rear plate to just a flat smooth one so I don't get distracted by the red indicator. Love browsing hkparts.com. Many more projects to come.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Earlier today, I showed the AR-15 Gun Barbie photo to a guy at work and thought he was going to shoot his coffee out his nose!

He's itching for me to teach him how to shoot a handgun so I'm going to school him on safety before we go anywhere near a range and take him to a facility where another guy we work with is a range monitor works so there can be two of us helping him. He's really smart and a safety oriented guy so I have no worries he'll take instructions well and will handle appropriately. I wouldn't want to be near someone of the opposite mindset, that's for sure.

Consequently, don't these range guys have some sort of fancy title? Like 'range man' or something catchy? I'm sure there's something.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that might be a little more permanent, akin to cutting Barbie's hair or nails. Once it's done, you can't put it back on so I guess the answer is no, undercutting a trigger guard doesn't really count in a puristic sense. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts