close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun back from Smyrna and...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Itagaki, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

sniff sniff what do trolls smell like?

2. bam1131

bam1131

Call Dog the Troll Hunter. Maybe he will roll in with a working Gen 4 Glock. Oh yeah, the only thing he carries is Troll mace and a bad attitude.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited: May 4, 2012

3. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Dog the Troll Hunter! :rofl:

4. Radian

Radian

I saw a gen2 with over 40,000 rounds do the same thing today.. With a shooter not using a supporting grip..

The slide drop is normal, just never count on it when you need it.

Seriously I would bet my left nut you hand this pistol to Rob Latham it just will not do that..

5. Radian

Radian

Its a dirt cheap disposable gun. Its like linking your self worth to a brand of oil filter. Most folks I know spend more on ammo than the gssf price of a glock, monthly. On the low side..

Bottom line is people who shoot others for a living choose to run these guns, federal agencies run these guns, and they are common among competitive shooters.

All these people share a trait of not getting silk panties all wrapped around their sack over being touched with brass.

I have YET to meet anyone who shoots for real with this problem. EVER.

Pistols either run or don't run. There are malfunctions and all else.

You really want to claim defect in a thread where a poster is butthurt over slide going home on mag insert.

That's been SOP since Gen1 guns.

6. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

You are correct. Many agencies buy these guns. Why????....price. They get a great deal from Glock and in some cases Glock buys the guns they were using before. These agencies you speak of have budgets...ever-shrinking budgets. Glock is the low bidder.

Competitors?? They buy them because they are cheap and disposable. Why spend more for a gun you will likely wear out in a couple years. I say a couple years because we shoot all year round down here in the south.

Why did the FBI HRT choose the 1911 over the Glock if the Glock was so great?? MEUSOC??

How many cops are shooters?? Most carry the gun as just another tool on their belt. They get in their 80 rounds per year and they are happy. Take it to the armorer to get it cleaned and they are good to go for another 12 months.

7. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Incorrect (as usual). The FBI test was GRUELING, to say the least. Why does the HRT use the 1911? They are highly specialized and train incessantly and they prefer the 1911 as they might possibly need SA first shot precision for a head shot. Trust me, I know the 1911 armourer. His name is Matt Gish. He's a superb 1911 'smith & a great guy.

Next time you try to argue, bring some facts. :wavey:

8. bam1131

bam1131

Oh snap.. This **** is getting real in here. Probably should close this thread.

9. Itagaki

Itagaki

Listen, I may be a first time Glock buyer, but that in no means makes me a first time pistol shooter. You seem to like to try and make others feel small and inferior to make you feel better about your own shortcomings. If I don't know about the slide lock issue being a long-running phenomenon there's a good reason for which i pointed out earlier, I'm...A...First...Time...Glock...Owner. People like you make potentially helpful forums turn into a **** pile so that you can amuse yourself due to others inexperience, when their inexperience is the reason they are posting in the first ****ing place. If a 25 year Baltimore P.D. officer who has shot G17s and G19s his entire career has the same outcome with my gun as i do, i don't think your posse of backstreet boys are going to have any different outcome

10. Pn2

Pn2

:yourock:

11. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Then obviously Glock is not the gun for you. Sell it, move on. :wavey:

12. 09crue

09crue

really? then could you explain to everyone on GT why a experienced Glock shooter such as Hickok45 also had the exact same eractic ejection problems with his gen4 G19,yet none of his other Glocks exibit this problem?

13. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

I bet that show would be better then Dog's crappy show. The camera crew sits next to his PC and does close ups of his GT posts and he has a extra thick blonde bring him coffee while he posts:rofl:

14. 4-Fun

4-Fun

With all do respect Sir, you are an idiot.

Anyone with the grip strength of a 12 year old girl can make a Glock 19 run.

15. blastfact

blastfact

Glock has problems and so do some of the Glock Fan Boys in this thread.

New shooters or wussy shooters have problems with small 9mm's like PF-9's, LCR's, R9's and such. I bet we soon start hearing about how Shields are failing or hurting folks hands.

But a full size or reduced sized 9mm should run flawless in anybody's hands with no more than reading the simple directions that come with the pistol and a bit of YouTube study. A current production full size 9mm should be all but fail safe from any of the top tier manufactures. Be it a plastic or metal pistol.

Glock has a problem or two. And it maybe just me but I think they have lighten the frames up a tad in the last few years. A buddy of mine has a Gen1 G17 that should be worn out. And just recently bought a Gen4 G17. New one puts brass in your face. Really does suck. A point of intrest is frame flex. Gen4 can be bent around in your hand like silly puddy compared to the Gen1.

I think Glock has ran right up to the edge with there current value point of engineering. And the end result is harmonics.

16. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Big deal you Googled the HRT. We already know your sources to be online, mostly from forums, the rest from Wikipedia. You have been called out on this before and handily taken to task when your internet search turned up the wrong information. Oddly enough also about 1911's. You take all of your posts from other sources.

Go back to your forums leave this discussion to those of us with personal experience.

17. Comedian

Comedian

Love this!!

18. 4-Fun

4-Fun

I think you are closer to the truth than those who appear to be legends in their own minds.

The reported cases of Glock woes are not single issues. They are single issues working together in negative synergy.

This kind of thing seems to happen every 25 years or so across the board in any company or orginization.

A name is built, a reputation is established, and a product or service is proven. Then...the bean counters step up with ways to maximize profits.

Changes are made based more on cost saving and profit margines rather than good design. The engineers and production people that built up the product or service are moved to the back of the bus and are directed to clean up the mess.

To suggest that firearms that were once perfection in their simplicity and shootablilty now require specialized training and ammo to fuction reliability, and only in the hands of the self professed elite...is representative of a clear case of denial.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  19. Tommy2Gun

Tommy2Gun

NAILED IT!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Is that a fact? Show me a source on the 'Net that says he's the 1911 'smith for the FBI. I know him. You don't. He made the HRT prototype but didn't get the contract.

I'll be here waiting when you can show me a PRIMARY SOURCE on the 'Net that says Matt Gish is the FBI's current 1911 armourer.

I'm gonna shut you down again Mr. "Occupy Glock Talk". Show me. I'll be here waiting because you won't find it.

Comedian, have you learned how to spell yet?

Last edited: May 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.