close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun back from Smyrna and...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Itagaki, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itagaki

Itagaki

... there is more wrong with it now than when i sent it. Basically i'm one of the 99% that have had ejection issues with my late model gen3 glock 19 (just a joke about the 99% thing). Anyway Lee at Glock gladly sent me a shipping label with a promise they would fix the problem. Well three weeks later and here we are, took the gun out today for a test run. I can honestly say that the erratic ejection issues have been solved. The spent brass now only goes in one direction, sadly that direction is directly at my head. Not only that, but now when the slide gets locked back after spending a full mag, almost every time i replace with a full mag the slide snaps forward without any input from me.

I saw this coming when i got the gun back and the only notes on the invoice were:
    -inspected
    -test fired 60+ times
    -deemed factory spec

Now i have a lot of respect for the Glock name and reliability that has shined through their guns for the past few decades, but i bought this gun with the idea it would be my EDC and now i'm not so sure. It was too late to call today, but tomorrow morning i will be placing a call to smyrna, and i think i will just request a new firearm as i think this one is just a lemon, i hope at least.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. Pn2

Pn2

Get a Lone wolf extractor, I went to the range today 2nd time with the LW extractor and had "Zero" ejections to the body/head.

I even ran win wwb and UMC, I hope it stays that way, lube the slide normaly (2 drops on each side and wipe the excess) thats my formula that worked today.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

3. GTS197

GTS197

Sucks that the ejection issue is worse, but it's not uncommon for the slide to go forward if you apply enough force when inserting the magazine (at least in the older models.)

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

What ammo are you using?

5. 09crue

09crue

send it back to Glock,if it doesn't come back fixed this time,end you aggravation and sell it..buy an M&P instead.

6. Itagaki

Itagaki

I hope it doesn't come to that, I love the feel of the G19 in my hand, it's comfortable and i'm confidant when i shoot it

7. Itagaki

Itagaki

All the issues today were consistent while using federal, Win Nato, and Hornady critical defence rounds.

8. Itagaki

Itagaki

So a Lone Wolf extractor worked for you? Does your G19 have the 336 ejector? I have heard from different sources that either could cause the issue... from the mouths of certified interwebz armorers :)

9. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Read my mind.

10. Itagaki

Itagaki

The first time it happened, it was a pretty hard magazine change (a little quick change while shooting multiple targets). However, after that myself and a friend of mine were able to reproduce the incident without smashing the magazine in with any excessive force. As i'm sitting here now i can slide the magazine in and the slide lock will disengage :( That sort of play in the basic functions of the pistol make me not want to try it out again until i can get it looked at. Like i said this was the first time this has ever happened and today was the first day shooting it since it returned from Glock HQ

11. Glock_en_speil

Glock_en_speil

I bought a M&P a week after realizing my Glock 17 Gen 4 wasn't going to be reliable. It's been perfect for over 1000 rounds. I didn't sell the Glock . . . yet. It's almost like a quest to me now to get it to work properly. I didn't send mine back to Glock even though they offered. There are too many reports of the gun coming back in worse condition than when it was sent. Instead I bought a Glock armorer's tool and watched the videos on youtube on how to detail strip it. It's very easy for anyone with even basic mechanical abilities.

I have the new ejector and "dot" connector now but I haven't installed them yet because I'm not convinced they will solve the ejection issue (well the connector certainly won't solve it because that part has nothing to do with it).

I'm starting to belong to the camp that believes the entire issue is because of the crappy MIM extractor that Glock has been installing for the past couple of years now. :upeyes: I'm kind of hoping Glock will issue a new extractor and it will be a machined part.

For those of you that plan on selling your Glock or for those of you who already did MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. Sooner or later there will almost certainly be a class action lawsuit against Glock and you'll need the receipt as proof that you own (or used to own) one. All it's going to take is for some Texas lawer to take some brass to the face and for him to logon to this website and see how big an issue it is and then - BAM - Glock will get served with paperwork. :whistling:

12. Pn2

Pn2

No, I have the 30274 ejector and the 0-4-3 spring.

The one thing that I noticed that the spring has lossened up since the first time. I use less force to rack the slide now than the first time. Maybe that is the reason, I don;t know, the thing is that I like the grip and it shoots accurate.

13. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Hopefully you can get it worked out, what was the manufactured date?

14. Pn2

Pn2

:rofl:

Why Texas lawyer !!!

15. JD_19x9

JD_19x9

Man, that really sucks! I hope you're able to get it working properly, the G19 is a great gun. I've seen people having extractor problems, but I thought it was all with the Gen 4s. I've also heard that these issues were do to the MIM extractor. Seems like a quick fix for Glock to just replace the extractor when a gun comes back for repair...

16. Itagaki

Itagaki

You have a gen4 right? Mine is a Gen 3 and was test fired Feb 29 2012. These new Gen 3s are still stuck with the old ejector and extractor that is causing issues.

17. Pn2

Pn2

Yes, sorry for not explaining that before

18. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Let someone else shoot the gun at a test. I personally saw this happen just last week with three shooters & Glocks. One of the range masters shot their respective guns with their ammo and they functioned perfectly.

With your bewilderment that you did not know that slamming the mag home will disengage the slide shows to me that you are either a new shooter or unfamiliar with semi autos.

Ask for some instruction at your range with a trainer to get some grip/stance fundamentals as this appear to be the problem IMO. There's no shame in taking a lesson. No one starts at the top. Good luck.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  19. AA#5

AA#5

-inspected
    -test fired 60+ times
    -deemed factory spec

I've seen those clichés on repair orders & I've never been able to figure out one thing: Don't the idiots at the factory think a gun owner will test fire a gun they "repaired" & see that it wasn't repaired?

20. Itagaki

Itagaki

Tiro, no offence but i am quite an experienced shooter. I must not have mentioned in my OP but i had three people besides myself shoot the gun today with exactly the same results.

And "slamming a mag home" should not disengage a slide lock. I would like for my personal defense weapon to function flawlessly if i'm going to be possibly staking my life on it. As is, this glock is not fitting with "Glock Perfection"

Just to be clear, i'm a long time shooter (15+ years) this is my first self-purchased handgun, but by no means my first time shooting a pistol, or a 9mm. Thank you for the wished luck :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.