close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun ammo "hoarders"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by eccho, Mar 26, 2013.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Put your money (ammo) where your mouth is.

Offer up your ammo for sale at the price you paid for it.

Either you are hypocrite and only want to steal from sellers or you will post up you ammo.

I will gladly pay you $18 for a 550 round box of golden bullets.

2. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Lost all my guns & ammo in a tragic boating accident.

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

For all you holier-than-thou buyers, I am in the market for an HK91. Not a clone. A West German made HK91.

The last ones imported were around $700. I am willing to pay $700 for one (or more).

I will await you PMs to sell me the HK91 I need for $700.

I will even pay for the shipping!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  4. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Ethics are subjective.

before you point fingers, I've only bought during this panic, not sold. and I didn't buy because of the panic, I bought because I wanted more guns and found deals on them that were pre-panic prices.

5. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

How much is anyone offering for Troy Battle Mags??

I can get about 25 of them....

6. cyphertext

cyphertext

I think we can all agree that we don't like higher prices...who does?

But with that said, everything Certified Funds has said is spot on. The reason that you can not find ammo at the local Walmart, Academy, etc. is because they have it priced below market value currently. The fact that their shelves are bare prove this!

When demand is high (currently), and supply is low (currently), prices should rise. Everyone complains about Cheaper Than Dirt "gouging", but there is not a line outside of their store every morning at 6AM, waiting to buy up their ammo. They have it priced according to market and are not feeding the secondary market.

The fact that people are willing to stand outside a store in the cold for several hours before it opens to purchase .22lr illustrates that the pricing is too low for current market conditions. We are not talking the new tech gizmo or toy, where the initial demand dies after a few weeks....we are talking 100 year, or more, old technology.

I haven't paid more for ammo during this shortage as I have had some from previous purchases, but I would rather know that I can run down to CTD and buy a brick of .22lr for $50 and be able to go to the range, than go to 4 Walmarts and see an empty shelf with a $18 price tag on it.

7. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

All you people that prepared for this, and stocked up well before Sandy Hook, YOU are the problem :steamed: dang hoarders

I demand you all distribute your stockpiles evenly between the shooting community. It's just not fair for us that choose not to maintain any stock and only shoot what we can find in the store on the day we shoot :steamed:

And all you reloaders, you are part of the problem too! If you weren't hoarding all the primers and powder, then the ammo factories could make more factory ammo for the rest of us :steamed:

;)

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I paid $3 per magazine from CTD. Not a bad deal. I bought a box full and might buy another.

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

I'm, glad your not in charge. Lots of people think guns should be banned and be done with it; I hate that they are in charge.

10. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

My parakeet's hair is now dry. Thank you for showing interest.

11. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

I'm pretty sure people that can afford 50k rounds of ammunition aren't going to be impacted by the price of their milk and bread ...

Don't blame us that prepared for this well before Sandy Hook, or 2012 even. I haven't bought any factory ammo since the recent craze.

I'll refrain from posting a picture of how many 147gr 9mm bullets I have ready to be reloaded :tongueout:

12. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I would like to, um, date, Kirsten Dunst. However, due to market speculation, I cannot afford what it would cost me to woo her. I feel this is grossly unfair.

13. OctoberRust

:rofl::rofl:

The government does promote mediocrity, so I wouldn't be shocked at his knowledge in basic economics. :rofl::rofl:

14. OctoberRust

The answer is clear, we need a socialized Kirsten Dunst program. Everyone deserves one. :crying:

15. dwhite53

dwhite53

As an employee I can ask my price for my service. Potential employer can say yes or no. He makes an offer, I do the same.

If we do not like the price offered, we don't whine. We move on. We do not accuse each other of gouging.

All the Best,
    D. White

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

16. mc1911

mc1911

Hoarding will cause LGS's and ranges to close. Sit there with no place to shoot. No shooting, no NRA. Goodbye second amendment.

The hoarders can sit in there basements saying things like"don't tread on me" when the DHS blows a hole in their wall and neutralizes them.

17. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

I have plenty of factory ammo, and plenty of componants to make alot more ammo. I guess I am a hoarder. They say that admitting your problems is the first step to getting better. Whew!! I feel better already.

18. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Wow. You do like to contemplate extremes don't you?

19. mc1911

mc1911

Local gun stores are in a bind. Limit ammo sales so most people get some ammo and keep some on hand to sell with firearms. This upsets some people and they get angry.

Sell ammunition at market clearing prices that match up ammo cost with demand. As prices rise, demand falls.

This causes customers to ***** about being ripped off and vowing never to buy at that store again.

I am all for the free market. That is why my demand for store bought ammo will be zero until at least May. I think others should also reduce demand and end the panic.

The free market goes up, but it also goes down.

20. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Why hasn't anyone offered up their ammo yet for sale for what they paid?

Khao...we are waiting on you to do the ethical thing and sell ammo for what it cost you!!

JEEPX...we dont want to have to shoot anyone...so where is the ammo you are putting up for sale for what you paid for it?