close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun ammo "hoarders"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by eccho, Mar 26, 2013.

1. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

People aren't shooting? The heck they aren't. The lines have been so long at a local indoor range that they had to set aside 9am-11am on Sat. & Sun. so members can shoot without a long wait.

There's ammo out there for reasonable money if you look around a little. I found 1k rounds of .45 ACP for not too much over the old price and it's due to be delivered this afternoon. Also bought some .38 Sp FMJ.

John

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I was near NoVA a few weeks ago and stopped by the NRA range. 3 HOUR wait for a lane.

Everybody, their brother, mom, sister and best friend were all out shooting the hell out of the place.

3. Mr KV

Mr KV

Around what time on what day? That's my primary range and I've never seen it that bad.

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Sunday morning. Signed in at 9:00, got onto lane at 11:50.

5. GT86

GT86

IWB is definitely not gonna work :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I usually shoot from 9 to 10AM on Saturdays, and for the last few weeks I have had the range to myself for the entire time. Last time (2 weeks ago) there was a class of 10-15 people there but they didn't come into the range while I was there.

I don't know how many people are there at other times, but I don't see how they can stay open if that's common. They do have ammo available, btw, although rationed.

7. racerford

racerford

I will respond to your questions when you start answering mine, and when you stop making personal attacks. I made none aqainst you.

You have intentionally mischaracterized what I said. So now you are lying to try and make a feeble point.

You have made clear your character as a business man. I am comfortable my character exceeds yours.

I am aware of Texas tax law. I am comfortable I am within the law when I am told the tax is included, or they collect and do not remit. As to the intermittent mail order purchase where tax is not collected, I am waiting my turn in line at the local tax office to remit, I have ticket number 26,000,059. They are currently on ticket number 72. I will let you know when they get to my number.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

You said YOU dont remit taxes if they do not remit. I responded to that. How is responding to what you said you do or dont do a personal attack?

What questions do you have that need answered that have not been answered?

9. bigbearjack

bigbearjack

Eryctile Dysfunction >ammo profiteer

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

been thinking about learning how to make my own bows out of PVC and traditional materials. Not that I could ever shoot an Indian rifle worth a darn, but it might suit me to learn.

12. eccho

eccho

This.

I can understand shortages of 5.56 and such, but save a few bolt-gun calibers your screwed. You can possibly buy stuff online, but your probably gonna have a hard time and you're probably not gonna get a good deal.

There are guys advocating free market, or saying it's just supply and demand etc.

For casual shooters, people looking to get into firearms, people as dirt broke as I am, people looking to buy firearms they don't already own ammo for, and people looking to practice without stockpiles at home, this really really sucks.

I see guys in here saying that people "should have prepared more", and I get that sentiment. I saw someone go as far as to call this "easily preventable butt hurt". I mean it as respectfully as possible, when I say I find that ignorant.

I filled out the paperwork for a permit to purchase a pistol the day I turned 21, which was just over a year ago.

I'm sure I'm not the only gun owner who hasn't had the years and years to slowly build a stockpile, buy buying a box or two at a time.

Fair market price? I saw a list on cheaperthandirt for 9mm over 60 dollars a box, for 50 rounds. It's "fair", sure, there's no law against that. And maybe ammo is so hard for even them to get, that if they didn't sell it that high they wouldn't make it to the next shipment.

But many people just cannot afford to buy ammo at those prices.

I'm not saying anybody needs to act sorry for those of us less fortunate, but I'm honestly kind of offended by calling it "easily preventable butthurt". It's not as easy for everybody as it is for you.

What about the person who just turned 18 and bought a rifle, or 21 and bought a handgun? Or the woman who's decided she wants a gun now?

Eventually either the demand will subside and supply will catch up, or companies will take advantage of the money to be made from the huge demand increase.

You don't have to say "somebody is doing something wrong" to realize this sucks for everybody.