close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guess you're right, Jack

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, Jan 9, 2007.

1. DBradD

DBradD

Wednesday 070110
    Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
    100 m Run
    1.5 pood Kettlebell swings, 12 reps
    10 Pull-ups

Well, they're obviously not random! Last cycle had the CF total in the three days now three of these rounds in 20 minutes WoD.

How 'bout the equipment impracticality of tomorrow's WoD? That one would be next to impossible at my gym. Who has a full running track (to allow sprinting, not a dinky indoor one or a treadmill) next to a pullup bar?

I guess I'll be thinking of something else to do.

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

I can do this one, but the 100 will be 50 out and back. In fact, I could just tke a dumbell to a park and do this one.

As far as the current workout cycles of the three 400m WoDs, the three ME WoDs that corresponded tho the Xfit Total, and this, leads me to the conclusion that Fridays WoD will be another Crossfit Total. We'll see.

Today's WoD seemed easy so i didn't scale it. I only got 7.5 rounds. I shoulda scaled it :)

How are you feeling lately?

3. DBradD

DBradD

I've been wondering how others would do this one. Running 50 out and back is a lot different from running 100 one way, but I guess it's harder so an ok sub. It's colder than a witch's titty here today, so I'm going to do something else, probably Michael.

LOL. It probably was one of the most deceiving. I scaled it to pack level = 45 lb snatches and was able to get 13 rounds.

I think I would've been mauled with 65 lb! My traps are reaaaallllly, reaaalllly sore this morning!

Shoulder seems 95%+, with no problems yesterday. I did 5 pullups in each round of the CFWU and had no trouble. During the next 3-day cycle, I'm going to try some dips. Still popping and snapping, but that might just be permanent for all I know.

My middle and upper back are now the problem. It has threatened to spasm during every WoD lately. Still scratching my head on this one. I think it has to do with being hunched over working all day almost every day for the last 17 years counting engineering school. Probably some stretch weakness. Pavel has 2 "posture complexes" in his book--any clue if doing those would help?

4. California Jack

When we do these Metcon Wods on three consecutrive days, my heart just isn't in da7 three. I got a decent workout in, but only managed 7 rounds + one run.

I'm looking forward to the Crossfit Total on Friday.

5. DBradD

DBradD

LOL. We'll see if you're right.

Another guess is an easy pseudo-day-off like a pullup ladder.

I know what you mean about the 3rd MetCon workout in a row. I did Pack Michael (3 rounds of 800m, 35 Back Extensions, 35 Situps) in 32:02 and I thought I was going to fall over. After the first round, I was telling myself that I'd be lucky to finish!

6. DBradD

DBradD

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!!!!! Don't pass go. Don't collect 100 seconds rest between sets of pullups.

ME weighted pullups tomorrow.

Now my back is fine and my shoulder is hurting again. I did a very light rotator cuff routine yesterday (from t-nation) after the WoD. I think that was a mistake. I'm seriously considering a 6 month running + core strength WoD quest, completely excluding all upper body pushing and pulling. I hate joint problems!!! They take forever to heal.

Maybe the CF total will be the next day.

7. California Jack

WOW! I'll be posting some embarassing numbers, that's for sure.

I guess I just can't predict the Crossfit yet!

Take care of yourself man.

8. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

DBradD,

What are Pavels 'posture complexes'? I've never read his book or seen the videos. I get my kettlebell information from the guy that leads the class I take.

9. DBradD

DBradD

In Super Joints, he has two lists of exercises to do for better posture. They're fairly basic exercises. One is MUCH longer than the other. I've not tried either one so have no clue if they're worth the time. His Super Joints mobility drills take a LONG time (like 50-60 minutes), so that plus CrossFit is all I'm willing to spend the time on at the moment.

10. DBradD

DBradD

Hey Jack, remember a while back when we did those modified tabata squats? I think you might be pleasantly surprised at your standard tabata score. I subbed standard tabatas tonight and got the same score! That was after being on my feet all day at the lab too. :supergrin: Even though the score was the same, I'm in a LOT more misery tonight!

11. California Jack