close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guess What Y'all?!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Walter45Auto, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Okay, Okay. Some of you already know. But for those who don't I'M FINALLY GETTING A DOG TODAY!!!!!!^5 ~woohoo~ ;+ A 3 year old, longhaired German Shepherd Male named Boscoe. Already Housetrained, and already started in Schutzhund (Protection Dog) training. I'm going in a little while to go start training with him. And after the training session, We''l bring him home. For Schutzhund work, I need more training than he does. One of the best parts, The owner ,an old friend of my dad and my uncle, is just gonna Give him to me. He said he don't want any money for him. He's taking over another good schutzhund dog from a guy he knows who's a Sgt. in the Army going to Iraq soon, and also he's buying one of the puppies from my uncle's GSD litter that just arrived. So he told my dad Sunday that he's looking for a good home for him. I've only ever seen him work once, but he looked very willing to please. Dad put the bite sleeve on and worked him in the bite work Sunday and Boscoe is GOOD at it! Six minutes later, Andre (His current owner...) brought him over to dad and Boscoe was just as friendly as can be. Very sociable. An excellent dog! I am VERY Excited about it!^5 ~woohoo~ ;+ I just hope I can pick up on the training quickly enough.

;g

;8 ;I

2. mavrick

mavrick

Awesome Walter! I bet your excited!! Let me be the first to congratulate you and wish you the very best of everything with your new GSD! If you can, I'd love to see pictures, but pics or no, have fun and again, all the best to you both!!

Cheers!

mavrick

3. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Congratulations Walter!!!

I know you've been planning for this for a long time. Glad to hear that the big day has arrived. ~woohoo~

4. voraus

voraus

You're gonna love this dog. I've had 2 GSD schutzhund dogs I've competed with. You are right about the training, you'll make more mistakes than the dog to begin with. No sweat, my 2 dogs survived me.

Pics would be cool. Here's a pic of my last dog, Dusty who just passed away this month.

http://home.comcast.net/~jertod/images/dickie.JPG

5. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Well Training pretty much got rained out, but I did learn how to set a track before the rain started. Bosco's (I've been spelling it wrong appearantly.) an excellent tracker. We got out there and played ball so he and I could bond a little. We've been playing off and on since we got home. I swear,this dog would be happy if he did nothing else all his life. He's ball crazy. It's good, though. It's a little bit of a training advantage. But I think he'll be very happy here. I know I'm gonna be happy with him around. I love this dog already. Andre told me "If for some reason you ever get rid of him, only give him back to me." But, I don't think I'd want to get rid of him. Don't know when I'll be able to post pics. I don't have a working camera right now.

;g

;8 ;I

6. NCUrk

NCUrk Shebha sees you

Congrats Walter. May you have many years of good times with Bosco and he with you. I too am partial to GSD's.

My Baby Shebha...

[​IMG]]

7. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Yeah, I think he and I wore each other out playig with the ball. He is one strong fast 80 lbs hunk of dog! I'm gonna try to be ready to put a Schutzhund 1 title on him December 2nd. That's my goal, anyway. I hate that the training today got rained out, but there's other days I can continue training.

;g

;8 ;I

8. Arcangel7769

Arcangel7769

Congrats! GSD's are in my opinion, the best dog breed, bar none. You two will get along great.

9. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

I FOUND PICS OF MY DOG ON THE NET! So I can finally show my dog off to you all! ~woohoo~ They were from when he got his BH.
    http://elmesquite.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=111&pos=2 <====The Fella in the pic is Andre, the guy who owned Bosco before me, and gave him to me. He's a good guy.
    http://elmesquite.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=111&pos=5 <===
    ===A good close up pic of him.
    http://elmesquite.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=111 <==== Link with all the pics of Bosco.

;g

;8 ;I

10. NCUrk

NCUrk Shebha sees you

Hope you don't mind Walter...

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

11. NCUrk

NCUrk Shebha sees you

Good looking fella you have there.

12. NCUrk

NCUrk Shebha sees you

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

13. NCUrk

NCUrk Shebha sees you

This be my favorite of the bunch...

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

14. mavrick

mavrick

Great pictures Walter! You already know I'm with Arcangel7769, for me, it's GSD's all the way! And Walter, I have no doubt you'll do right by Bosco! Go for and don't look back.. Like Voraus said, my dogs are surviving me.. mistakes and all!

And hey, for what it's worth, here's a few pictures of my girl's schH training.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

mavrick

15. 4STER

4STER

CONGRATS- GREAT LOOKING DOG- BETWEEN GLOCK AND BOSCO---WHO NEEDS BRINKS

16. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

NCUrk, thanks for posting them like that. I don't know why I didn't think to do them that way.

mavrick, You already know I'm a little jealous of your girl.;) She's PURRTY! Looks like she's got a hell of a set of choppers on her too.

You said it 4STER! That's the reason I like big dogs! Although I don't have my GLOCK yet. It'll have to be the Mossberg 590 and the .357 until I get it.;f

;g

;8 ;I

17. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

18. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

He's a good looking dog. Its the look in their eye. With some dog's you can just see it....they are THERE. And since you already realize you need more training then he does I'm sure great things are in the offering. Congrats.

19. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

Awesome looking pooch. Congrats!!!!

20. HarlDane

HarlDane

Great dog you got there Walter. Congrats;+