close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guardians and other questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FotoTomas, Mar 9, 2004.

1. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

As mentioned in two other topics the new classes in GSSF are causing some head scratching. I have some ideas and am sure others do as well. I expect we will get a clarification this week and it will be old news but for now it makes for good conversation.

I think the new Guardian class should be for any and all in the public safety arena. Law enforcement, Fire Service, EMT as well as be open to the members of the military. Junior money should be available for those members in an organized public safety program such as the Explorers and Junior ROTC. I think this would be a great option to even up the classes, boost participation in the old LE division and give openings to others to compete in a class perceived as a little easier to win some prizes.

I am all for it.

I imagine the Master Stock is a renamed Stockmeister. The name change better suits the overal continuity of the competition.

The Amature/Master major sub class is a great option as well to boost those limited in their participation due to master ranking. They need to give away a gun though if the numbers go up. I can't wait for a GLOCK 38 subcompact in .45 to give that a whirl!

Definate changes for the good assuming I am close to being right in my opinions.

What does the rest of the membership think????? :)

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I agree with you about Guardian, that is a good idea. I only shot AM/LE once, then got out of LE, so I couldn't shoot it again, and I feel like that category offered me a better chance of getting an A class win instead of AM/CIV.

Now if Amatuer Guardian is opened up to EMT's, I'd be able to shoot in that category again, and hopefully be able to pick up that elusive first win.

As it stands now, I'm not scoring low enough to get a win in AM/CIV, or Subcompact, so being able to shoot in Guardian would be nice. I came close in Statesville, but some guy with a G26 kind of dominated subcompact at that match! :cool:

3. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

The Amateur Guardian is for : Law Enforcement, Paramedics, Firefighters, and Military (probably Active Duty only) don't know about retired

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Sounds like just a simple re-naming of Amateur Law Enforcement.;Q

5. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

How do you figure? Paramedics, firefighters, and military weren't previously allowed in AM/LE were they?

6. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

Actually, it sounds like they are re-naming it, but also now allowing these other service related occupations to join the group.

7. DannyR

Dale,

Until I see the new rules in writing, Amateur Guardian = Amateur Law Enforcement.:)

8. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Jel added a brief description of the new Amatuer Guardian class to the registration section. Medics, firefighters and military are allowed in AM/Guardian.

9. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

10. DannyR

Now that makes it OFFICIAL.;)

11. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

How about allowing us retired military into this class? Heck, we should even get a handicap for being older than dirt!:cool: ;a ;a

12. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I am sure we will get the final rules with the GLOCK Report. On the otherhand I am all for allowing retired Military in the Guardian Class. National Guard, Reserves, ROTC and active duty. Those of us that put in a hitch or two should not get in unless we qualify via another route. Then again why not. A honorably discharged Veteran certainly did the "guardian gig"! :)