close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gtg

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, Oct 21, 2006.

1. DBradD

DBradD

What saw yee-awl about this?

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/69/

I think I'll try it for pullups because I suck at those compared to everything else.

It was mentioned at CrossFit and I'm curious what several of you think about it. I'd never heard of it. Man, my knowledge is dated. I need 30 hour days to read all the stuff I want and need to read.

2. Glockridge

Glockridge

DbradD,

I am a personal trainer and follow Crossfit and Dragondoor very closely. I advise people to gtg all the time. It's like shooting... the more frequently you practice the better you become.
    Imagine if you could draw from your holster throughout the day, how quick and engrained that motor pattern will become.
    Pullups are the easiest exercise to lose strength in. Therefore I tell my clients to treat them like pushups, every chance you get do them. It doesn't have to be high reps, depending on your abilities and goals start at 5 reps every time you pass under the pullup bar, no matter what you are doing (legs, abs, cardio, chest). The following week increase to 6 reps and so on... You will be surprised how good you become at pullups.

Let me know if you have other questions.

3. DBradD

DBradD

Thank you very much. That makes sense to me. I started doing some of this today with pullups and plan to continue. I've never been great at these and I think it's time to change that!