close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GTA San Andreas

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by VicMackey, Oct 27, 2004.

1. VicMackey

VicMackey President

Picked up San Andreas this morning. I am a huge GTA fan and I bought this game with very high expectations. Not disappointed at all. It's Amazing. Here are a few new things...
    *You have to go to the gym to bulk up
    *You have to eat/sleep
    *You can cusomize any car with rims, hydrolics, better stereo etc
    *You can get Tatoos
    *The targeting and driving controls are new and improved
    *You can commit random home invation style burglaries to gain $
    So far; it's the best game I've ever played.

2. FoxMustang

FoxMustang We Deal in Lead

My copy came in the mail last night, and I played it for a couple hours. In a word, wow. I dunno why, but I really like the "gansta" style. In real life, it's stupid, but it's great fun in a video game. I loved GTA: Vice City, but I like the "feel" of San Andreas ten times more.

I like the mini-roleplaying aspect of the game, with the food and the gym and the weapon/vehicle skills. It adds some depth to the experience, and it seems like it's implemented in a way that doesn't interfere with the overall pace of the gameplay (at least so far as I've seen). I haven't gotten to the point of getting tattoos or upgrading the cars or the burglary stuff - I'm looking forward to it.

One downside, there's still some issues with "draw in." I was blasting down the big concrete drainage canal thing (I forget what the proper name is), when I crashed into something that didn't appear until two seconds after I hit it. D'oh. The only bad thing about this game is the limitations imposed by the PS2 hardware.

It's a little early for me to say for certain, but if the rest of the game lives up to my expectations (and from what I've read, I have no reason to think it won't), this will be one of the most enjoyable games I've played on any platform.

3. AlB

AlB

I would like the mini map to be a little easier to see. I have a hard time seeing the dots and where to go.

4. GNut76

GNut76 Got Guns??

It's killing me cause I love the game......pullin out my hair..,...traffic interfers with with driving skills:soap:

5. Hippy23

Hippy23 Don't post much

The mini map does suck and I have a big screen, that is my only complaint so far!

6. cobrablade

cobrablade

I generally don't use cheat codes and strategy guides, but here's one that'll help. Full armor, full health, $250,000, and if you enter it while in a vehicle, it fully repairs the vehicle:
    R1,R2,L1,X,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP.
    I cut my map up that came with the game into 9 pieces and laminated them so I could have a better reference tool.
    If you've got a big screen, this game is sweet. For those of us 27 inchers....well, the laminated map helps:)

7. Gary_P

Gary_P

PS2 only correct?

Gary

8. cobrablade

cobrablade

Yep, for now. Btw everytime you save, it feeds CJ automatically.

9. hidden_19

hidden_19 American Luxury

I love GTASA but i am having a tough time passing the flying school part!!:soap:

;c

10. JesseCuster

JesseCuster Army Dude Millennium Member

It's funny....I read the back of the box, and while in the previous GTA games you were just a plain ole criminal, I see that the 'gangsta' CJ is avenging his family, or some such.

;g

11. FoxMustang

FoxMustang We Deal in Lead

The main character in Vice City was a gangster, but more a Mafia type. In San Andreas the main character is a "gansta" :) I think it works well for the purposes of this game, considering it's set in 1992 and starts in a copy of Los Angeles.