Glock Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3,202 Posts
Usually after sitting a long time it gets loud because the exhaust rusted off cleanly on either side of the cat that's not there anymore. Here more than 25 years old is emissions exempt so you just straight pipe it and call it good.

· Registered
22,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
20+ years and never heard that complaint. Since an engine is basically an air pump, don’t discount the intake side. I’d find it easier to believe something built a nest in the air filter. A significant restriction should also cause a loss of power. Did the truck feel sluggish under hard acceleration?

I hope I didn't suck in a kitten or something! :oops:

/

· Values. Can't be bought.
16,204 Posts
My exhaust was backed up real bad once. Butt after a cup of coffee and Camel it all got blasted out.
That and a prayer was how I used to start any given Saturday morning before leaving the house to run a 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stevekozak

· Registered
4,002 Posts
Vehicles are like peckers. Just like you have to rub one out once in a while to make sure everything is in working order,, You need to drive it more often than you do. Seals dry out, stuff gets rusty.

· Banned
28,106 Posts
Nope.,.
Chili and big charges of green beans cleans everything out wicked good.

Like swallowing a Bore-Snake.
So you personally know how it feels to swallow a bore snake?

Didn't know they
Smile Beard Dress shirt Gesture Collar
called it that now

· Director of civil unrest
15,138 Posts
Dump a bottle or two of this in it with a fresh, full tank of gas and take it on a hundred-mile drive. Put your foot in it as often as you can while on that drive. She'll straighten right out.
TREATMENT SEAFOAM 473ML

21 - 32 of 32 Posts